The VT Deadpool 2016

Seat68

On 6/28/2016 at 17:09, mjmooney said:

Bernie Worrell

Love the Man.

I was away when he died, but had been following his progress before departing.

Judie Worrell is very bitter towards George Clinton. She'd been updating Bernie's FB page. It didn't make for very pleasant reading :(

• Replies 933
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, CarewsEyebrowDesigner said:

Geoffrey Hill gone. One of the finest.

Somewhat embarrassed that I hadn't heard of him. And I like poetry (in fact I've just come back from a shopping trip with a copy of C. Day Lewis's collected poems).

He's very good but difficult so he never really had a popular appeal unlike some of his contemporaries. Very good on WWII and England. They released his collected in a massive tome called 'Broken Hierarchies' a few years back, but there is a smaller Penguin selected which you can get for a few quid. Certainly worth checking out. If you are interested in poetry but his own work is a bit much, then his Oxford lectures are online and worth a listen.

Actress Caroline Aherne dies of cancer aged 52 

Actress and comedian Caroline Aherne has died after a battle with cancer, her publicist has said.

The BAFTA-winning writer and actress, 52, was best known for Mrs Merton, The Fast Show and The Royle Family.

She was also the narrator of the Channel 4 reality series Gogglebox.
In 2014, she spoke of her fight against lung cancer while attending an event in Manchester joking about it being the third time she had faced the disease.
My brother and I were born with cancer of the eyes, the retina, my mum told us only special people get cancer. I must be very special because I have had it in my lungs and bladder as well.

– CAROLINE AHERNE
Last updated Sat 2 Jul 2016

Shit. :(

RIP - a great talent

As mentioned in the TV thread I've spend the last coupe of weeks watching the Royle Family from the beginning. A wonderful show, as was The Fast Show