The VT Deadpool 2016

Seat68

• Replies 933
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a kid I had a varied music taste and had this tape with So Long Marianne on it, loved that track, in the late 80's I got an indie compilation where the Close Lobsters did a version of Paper Thin Hotel, after that I bought a Cohen tribute album, I'm Your Fan and loved it. Now I actually own some Cohen albums, none finer than Death of a Ladies Man. I will miss this one, loved his songwriting and vocal style.

• Like 1

yes, he was never someone i listened to much, but he was the kind of musician i always thought was sort of cool and elusive. i like people who can make an honest career on the fringes of stardom.

Edited by maqroll

I'm gutted about Cohen and I actually feel pretty bad about it because I have neglected his music over the past few months. 

I went through a stage where I was listening to him constantly.

I was going to go and see him live last year but the tickets were crazy expensive (80 quid cheapest ticket if I remember correctly)

I think I'll have myself a wine and cohen night tonight

• Like 3

Oh dear, Leon Russell. Now that was a proper musician, think he did the original Delta Lady. As I slip into senility my memory fades but I seem to think he was on OGWT or some other live programme with a tour called Mad Dogs and Englishmen.  If I'm correct, it also featured Delaney and Bonnie and even Eric Clapton. *seem to think Bonnie was a bit rude looking !!