Loic Remy

VillaChris

Should he not get his own thread now? Been rumoured for weeks and now our manager has confirmed he's on our list of targets.

I don't think he'll keep us up...he couldn't keep QPR up when he joined mid season in 2012-13 despite them being in a better position. He's a good striker but not that good.

That said he was what we needed at the start of the season, lots of pace and and can score in 6 yard box. Him and Ayew would be a good combination imo and fun to watch, we might actually win a game before the end of the season.

Would still class it as a long shot, I doubt Chelsea will even loan him out just because Bamford has come back as he made little impact at Palace. He'll probably end up here instead.

Aston Villa boss Remi Garde will try to sign Chelsea striker Loic Remy on loan in the January transfer window.

Garde wants the 28-year-old Frenchman to strengthen a Villa side four points adrift at the bottom of the Premier League - and 11 from safety.

"Loic is special because he knows the country and the league and he would be an interesting player for the team," Garde said.

"He is part of some players I'll try to attract to Aston Villa for sure."

Countryman Garde was assistant manager at Lyon when Remy started his career at the Stade de Gerland.

The Villa boss will hope the forward can add goals to a side that has scored just 15 times in 19 league games, the lowest in the division.

Remy joined Chelsea in a £10.5m move from QPR last year.

He has started only one Premier League game this season, scoring twice in the League Cup and once in the league.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/35198358

Edited by VillaChris

Would be a good signing. But would a good signing for a number of other clubs too, I'll believe it when I see it. Really should have done this in the summer.

Edited by useless
  • Like 1

Loic Remy: Chelsea striker a target for Aston Villa, says Remi Garde

Aston Villa boss Remi Garde will try to sign Chelsea striker Loic Remy on loan in the January transfer window.

Garde wants the 28-year-old Frenchman to strengthen a Villa side four points adrift at the bottom of the Premier League - and 11 from safety.

"Loic is special because he knows the country and the league and he would be an interesting player for the team," Garde said.

"He is part of some players I'll try to attract to Aston Villa for sure."

Countryman Garde was assistant manager at Lyon when Remy started his career at the Stade de Gerland.

The Villa boss will hope the forward can add goals to a side that has scored just 15 times in 19 league games, the lowest in the division.

Remy joined Chelsea in a £10.5m move from QPR last year.

He has started only one Premier League game this season, scoring twice in the League Cup and once in the league.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/35198358

• Like 1

Would be an unbelievable coup and may restore a tiny bit of belief. Maybe.

He has the fire power we need to start winning matches.

Edit: Just read that Garde and Remy have a really close relationship still after they met at Lyon and Garde helped train him. Could prove vital in getting him here.

Edited by Sam3773
  • Like 4

This would be a signing that shows we are not willing to go down without a bit of a fight. Sadly I suspect Chelsea may be reluctant to let Remy go, the player might be equally reluctant to sign for us and we might not be prepared to offer to pay the wages needed to secure any deal. I think Bamford might represent a plan b but I think he might get better offers than we would make him from clubs further up the table. 

Stupid idea.

1) Why would Loic Remy want to sign for Aston Villa, be it only a loan? He is 28 years old and in his prime, he needs to find another club in England or go abroad where he can make top dollars. He will be chased by tons of clubs and will definitely have other suitors than us. He might be mates with Remi Garde, but that sure as hell isn't going to dictate his next move.

2) Why would Chelsea loan him out right now? It doesn't harm to have him on the bench for when Costa is struggling, and they only have Falcao next to Remy. Makes no sense at all, even if they manage to bring in someone new in the next month.

3 minutes ago, Papillon said:

Stupid idea.

1) Why would Loic Remy want to sign for Aston Villa, be it only a loan? He is 28 years old and in his prime, he needs to find another club in England or go abroad where he can make top dollars. He will be chased by tons of clubs and will definitely have other suitors than us. He might be mates with Remi Garde, but that sure as hell isn't going to dictate his next move.

2) Why would Chelsea loan him out right now? It doesn't harm to have him on the bench for when Costa is struggling, and they only have Falcao next to Remy. Makes no sense at all, even if they manage to bring in someone new in the next month.

3) Do you think our manager would be stupid enough to even mention a player's name without having some sort of discussion already?

• Like 2

If we get him it would be a great start to the window and should help us attract some other quality players.

To be honest though, we need a big injection of creativity from midfield as currently, we wont create enough chances for him.

Â