Pre-Match thread

John

A New Year and a new battle begins on Saturday. The battle to avoid ending this season at the bottom of the league hots up on Saturday when we visit Sunderland who are just 4 points above us. This like so many other games already this season is a "must win" game. We did win at Sunderland last season and we did the same the season before that. In fact we are unbeaten in our last 9 league games against Big Sam's new team who look destined to be playing us again next season. We need to pick the strongest team we have available to start 2016 as we started this season with an away win. Nothing less will be good enough as we aim for the great escape from 20th spot before taking aim for the top spot in the bottom 3!   

New years resolution for our players must be score **** goals, hopfully make a start on that sooner than later with Sunderland.  We have to beat them just to be in with an odds against chance, don't beat them and it's officially over.

4 hours ago, TheMightyVillans said:

Since westwood, ayew are suspended and assuming sanchez is still injured. Id like to see a lineup like this. Richardson and sinclair will probably end up starting again though... Also not sure if cissokho could be registered that fast.                         

Guzan

Richards     Okore       Lescott      Cissokho

Veretout     Gana

Traore                    Gil                      Grealish

Gestede

Kozak to come on at some point in the match.

Traore does not tackle back, Gil and Grealish both lightweight and do not tackle back. And with our defense? Massacre. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, theboyangel said:

Who is not available through injury or suspension?

Sunderland will be totally fired up for this, I expect a mauling unfortunately

Westwood and Ayew suspended, Okore injured.

Sadly nothing wrong with Richards, Hutton, Richardson, Bacuna, Gana and Gestede,

• Like 1

---------------------Guzan-------------------

-Bacuna-Richards--Lescott-Cissokho-

--------------Veretout---Gana--------------

------Traore-------Gil----------Grealish---

----------------------Kozak-------------------

Let some of the players who haven't been playing have a go. Maybe something will click. 

• Like 1

Can we sign players now and put the paperwork through on Friday morning ready for Saturday? If so I back Randy to invest and I'll go with:

Neuer

Alves Ramos Silva Richardson

Ribery Xavi Iniesta Ronaldo

Messi Gestede

Obviously we need to make a few purchases which I've added in, but I think it's a good enough squad to beat Sunderland and prepare to bounce back up next season.

I've left some of the obvious team members in there to help the new arrivals gel a bit.

What I'm trying to say is we're f**ked.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Sam3773 said:

Can we sign players now and put the paperwork through on Friday morning ready for Saturday? If so I back Randy to invest and I'll go with:

Neuer

Alves Ramos Silva Richardson

Ribery Xavi Iniesta Ronaldo

Messi 

With that lot we'd only need 10 players

oh wait! Richardson would never come to us..........f**£ed

• Like 1