Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

1 minute ago, villaglint said:

Out of interest Woody who would your pick be? Granted it won't be a truly world class striker but given there is a bit of cash to spend who would your (realistic) choice be? 

I'd be more than happy with hernandez tbh. Think valencia is just another ayew trying to score goal of the season with every touch.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, FrenchVillaLova said:

Gignac is far from worldclass...

Yeah Dr Tony's definition seems to translate to "one who plays international football" rather than my own "would get into a world XI".

Tony knows his football, when he says world class, I don't think he means just any international striker, ti will be someone who plays at a good level. Interesting that we find out about both the midfielder and the striker on Sunday evening, makes me wonder if they both play for the same club.

6 minutes ago, useless said:

Tony knows his football, when he says world class, I don't think he means just any international striker, ti will be someone who plays at a good level. Interesting that we find out about both the midfielder and the striker on Sunday evening, makes me wonder if they both play for the same club.

Could be, but I would bet that is a deadline we set to have a decision - just about gives us time to pursue other avenues if it's a no.

Edited by Gary Thomas
  • Like 1

Just now, Marley the Bognor Villan said:

Good

• Like 1

If both Okore, Lescott and Richards goes we suddenly look light at CB.

On another note Inter just signed Joao Mario and Gabriel Barbosa.

They currently have 9 forwards on their books, among them Jovetic, Icardi, Perisic, Palacio, Biabiny, Ljajic and Eder.

Guessing at least one or two of them will be sold or loaned out, could this be where our "world class" forward comes from?

2 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

Bit of a slow news day so figured i'd contribute a joke,

What's the difference between a kangaroo and a kangaroot? One's an Australian animal the others a geordie stuck in a lift.

I don't get it....

7 minutes ago, Marley the Bognor Villan said:

Oh dear we need another defender then 

Can't say I'm surprised as I don't think I've seen anyone so unhappy as usually smiling Jores during that Luton game. A hell of a way to finish your career with us though! 

As others have said we'll need a new fourth choice CB unless they plan to promote one of the kids but that seems like a big risk. Couple of injuries and they could be playing 10 straight games at a key point in the season. 

Guess this why Tony said we were working on 4/5 deals as there was still plenty of outs on cards. 

5 hours ago, villaglint said:

On the AM I don't think we've had a single name (other than Ravel Morrison which has been debunked) linked or connected to us via the rumour mill. 

Can someone make one up so we have something to talk about? 

Nikola Vlasic of Hadjuk Split has to be that AM we're after. 

• Like 1