Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

----------------------------------------Gollini

New Right back-------Elphick----------Chester --------------Amavi

For all Chester may be average and too expensive that defence looks better than

----------------------------------------Bunn

Richards-----------------Okore-------------Baker--------------Amavi

Even with a space at right back!!! and if it stops us shipping stupid goals it will be money well spent.  You dont win games by not scoring,  but you certainly lose them by having a **** dodgy defence

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, kurtsimonw said:

Out of favour at WBA it seems. Missed 16 games in 2 years through injury with Hull.

And not at all suggesting its the same circumstances with Chester but even Shearer was out of favour at newcastle under Guillit

5 minutes ago, RaptureJames said:

No points lost and a potential distraction to promotion out the way to boot?

I'm getting carried away here.

Easy done. Yes it's a little bit embarrassing for the club and it can't help much with any confidence issues but we are going to play enough games anyway this season with a priority of getting promotion, however distant that seems currently and if it means we don't see one or 2 players again, or it means we get an extra player than what was originally thought needed. Then there are positives that could come out of it. Let's hope do anyway.

35 minutes ago, Richard said:

----------------------------------------Gollini

New Right back-------Elphick----------Chester --------------Amavi

For all Chester may be average and too expensive that defence looks better than

----------------------------------------Bunn

Richards-----------------Okore-------------Baker--------------Amavi

Even with a space at right back!!! and if it stops us shipping stupid goals it will be money well spent.  You dont win games by not scoring,  but you certainly lose them by having a **** dodgy defence

i think Amavi has incredible talent going forward but i have seen nothing so far that suggests he can defend consistently for an entire match

Edited by VillanousOne
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, VillanousOne said:

i think Amavi has incredible talent going forward but i have seen nothing so far that suggests he can defend consistently for an entire match

I think the problem, as with Cissokho and Hutton, we rely on our wing backs for all our width with no wide midfield players at all, which mean whenever we're in possession their out of position. Then when we lose possession we're effectively defending with two at the back... Don't think it's just Amavi's problem, although he must be rusty after so long out. I think if we sort our midfield, it will help take the attacking pressure of the two wing backs and let them defend with some cover and attack with some cover. Just my opinion obv.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

I think this has to be tempered with the realisation that he has played in defences containing any number of

Hutton

Bacuna

Richards

Lescott

Baker

Clark

okore

Until this point and so looking decent defensively is probably affected by that

6 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

Apparently we have bid also for Joe Ledley.

Agent Dave on the Twatter recons so we shall see his name was banded about on here earlier in the week

Edited by Garvey13

28 minutes ago, PussEKatt said:

I thought we were after Robson-Kanu earlier in the season ? what happened there ?

The fans (sorry some) hink he is shit and don't  want him

Edited by nazvfc

2 minutes ago, cudoz said:

I would not be against this.

Yep. 

Nothing overly exciting or awe inspiring, just 3 solid footballers filling 3 roles in which we are seriously lacking. We need to get back to basics in many respects, all three of these signings would aid us to do that. 

Foundations init. We need them. 

• Like 4