Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

Just now, Pilchard said:

Mystery midfielder is said to have fallen through according to Pat Murphy. Suspect it's that 18 year old from Italy that laughed us off and wanted to get a move to a club in the same country.

If that was the case then why the hell would Tony say what he said? Surely he would have known that kid had some form of interest in joining us before putting out the tweet he did. 

Just now, PieFacE said:

If that was the case then why the hell would Tony say what he said? Surely he would have known that kid had some form of interest in joining us before putting out the tweet he did. 

Well yes, that would be worth asking if it is the case.

1 hour ago, Gary Thomas said:

100% agree.  Bit of a vicious circle atm - the confidence will come when we start winning again.  When was the last time we came from behind or snatched a win against the odds?  Once we win and few the belief will soon come back - among the fans as well! 

Whilst I don't disagree with this idea at all, the crucial part is, unfortunately, "when we start winning again". I don't know if they've got it in them, some of these players just look broken

1 minute ago, MuleAthon said:

Whilst I don't disagree with this idea at all, the crucial part is, unfortunately, "when we start winning again". I don't know if they've got it in them, some of these players just look broken

Some do - but I suspect/hope they will featureless and less as we go forward.

6 minutes ago, Gary Thomas said:

Some do - but I suspect/hope they will featureless and less as we go forward.

Having gotten rid of a fair few, though, it worries me that so many remain. 

But enoigh negativity, In Tony I Trust. We will be fine... I hope! 

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Okay, as far as I can tell, this dude called the Chester deal before anyone else got a sniff of it. So might be an account to follow.

James Chester to sign for AVFC in next 24 hours - medical later, heard it here first #AVFC

Correct me if i'm wrong though!

Yeah fair play. I've watched that account closely and although he tweets like a 14 year old kid, he has pretty much got a lot spot on this summer.

26 minutes ago, villarocker said:

more importantly about Chester, is he actually any good? He's averaged around 20 games per season for the last three seasons. Is that through injury or just being left out?

Out of favour at WBA it seems. Missed 16 games in 2 years through injury with Hull.

1 hour ago, AlwaysAVFC said:

The major plus of last night is if they didn't know it already, they now know we need more new players. The worst thing that could have happened would be to have a false dawn before the Window closes and it goes to pot with no way to sort it out apart from some loans.

Definatly - also as suggested if that was certain players chance to ' play for their shirts ' they just signed their own death warrant.

No points lost and a potential distraction to promotion out the way to boot?

I'm getting carried away here.

when Richards moved to centre back he and okore sat way to deep, left a gaping hole between our defence and gardner / Tsh for their attackers to get the ball and turn all to often....  Didn't mind Richards at right back since our replacement is only Hutton at the moment...  

Get Chester in and never play Richards CB again!