Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

Reading a Fulham forum the general impression I get of McCormack is:-

Good - Hard Working, Cares a lot, good finisher, remains calm under pressure, good at set pieces, scores goals

Bad - Teams tend to gravitate towards him too much (like Bent), Slow, Started to show signs of a lack of motivation towards the end of last season, no pre-season so far, soon to be 30.

Overall, sounds like it's worth getting him but i'd be worried if we went into the season with just McCormack, Gestede, Gabby and Hepburn-Murphy.

My guess is that we have reacted proactively to get him as Ayew is soon to be off.

3 minutes ago, Djemba_Villan said:

Reading a Fulham forum the general impression I get of McCormack is:-

Good - Hard Working, Cares a lot, good finisher, remains calm under pressure, good at set pieces, scores goals

Bad - Teams tend to gravitate towards him too much (like Bent), Slow, Started to show signs of a lack of motivation towards the end of last season, no pre-season so far, soon to be 30.

Overall, sounds like it's worth getting him but i'd be worried if we went into the season with just McCormack, Gestede, Gabby and Hepburn-Murphy.

My guess is that we have reacted proactively to get him as Ayew is soon to be off.

What on earth makes you think Ayew is soon to be off? Every shred of verified evidence has suggested the opposite. 

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, KJT123 said:

Ayew playing off McCormack would be the best strike-force in the league. 

Comfortably. Or any decent goalscorer + Ayew. 

Though we do need to go and make that happen. The time for speculating is over IMO. Pay the man, get 'em in. 

• Like 3

Just now, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Comfortably. Or any decent goalscorer + Ayew. 

Though we do need to go and make that happen. The time for speculating is over IMO. Pay the man, get 'em in. 

100% this,i'd like us to get bamford as well and give rhm a chance.gestede i'd get rid.

4 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Except Ayew doesn't have a release clause, so even if he rolls over screaming and kicking we don't have to sell.

I don't think he'll leave either. Just pointing out that you can't take anything for granted and I can understand sceptical fans. 

19 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Says who? Your spidey senses?

I suggest you go to the RDM thread and read the last statement he put out.

Aside from even that, common sense would suggest that is BS and just for effect.

wow dude, i have an opinion and i was being ironic as in 'what the media claim', i am not coming out with BS for effect as you put it.

3 targets touted publically - Bamford, McCormack and the guy from Bristol Rovers.

I am sure RDM has many more targets that aren't public but thanks for the insult.

• Like 1

McCormack is exactly the kind of player who would we should be signing.  A proven goalscorer in this league.

He is 29, 30 next month.  That is surely in his prime?  I don't care if he costs 3 million, 13 million or 30 million.  If we have the money to spend we need to spend it.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

wow dude, i have an opinion and i was being ironic as in 'what the media claim', i am not coming out with BS for effect as you put it.

3 targets touted publically - Bamford, McCormack and the guy from Bristol Rovers.

I am sure RDM has many more targets that aren't public but thanks for the insult.

Apologies, was not meant to be, and never is a personal insult. It is just hard trawling through all of the nonsense on the forum sometimes and separating what is what.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

For all sorts of reasons nothing is as important as us getting a (or really 2 ) proven goalscorer.  We need to more than double last seasons tally, and we (and the rest of the players) need something that makes us think we aren't doomed the moment the opposition score against us.  The names mentioned over the last couple of Pages would be worth their weight in Gold.