Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

3 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

My biggest issues is that Okore is injury prone, Baker loves a head injury, Elphick spent most of last season injured, Amavi spent most of last season injured, Tish spent most of last season injured, Gardener has spent the most of the last few years injured...

Anyone else a little worried we may suffer with an injury crisis this year? :P

Perhaps the other way to look at it is that they have all got the injuries out of the way now!

17 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Why is that disappointing? I'd be happy with Bamford and McCormack.

and me, both depend on the deals, McCormack i dont want to be stuck with on £50k a week when he's 34 and not good enough for the prem, bamford has to be a loan to buy with a sensible figure included (circa £7m in my head)

ive got concerns over both when we get to the prem but at the same time they'll almost certainly get us the goals to get there

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, villan_007 said:

From big pat

Appears @AVFCOfficial have revived interest in Ross McCormack & Patrick Bamford after drawing blanks elsewhere.Purely exploratory thus far.

Disappointing if true

Would take either of them right now. Two good players at different stages of their career. One is a gamble pushing 30 who I wouldn't have fancied last month.

I wonder what our other targets were, unrealistic marquee signing?

33 minutes ago, villan_007 said:

From big pat

Appears @AVFCOfficial have revived interest in Ross McCormack & Patrick Bamford after drawing blanks elsewhere.Purely exploratory thus far.

Disappointing if true

I'd feel a lot better about the coming season with those two in.

...and a midfielder who can take corners.

...and a right back who isn't a liability.

Not sold on McCormack. Fulham have been close to getting relegated despite him scoring 20 goals so dosen't seem much of a team player like Bent wasn't.

I also think he'll be another of those players in their late 20s we signed for big money and then wonder why we can't get rid of them two years down the line especially if he can't score in the premier league.

Would much prefer Bamford, younger, wouldn't cost as much and he needs to get away from Chelsea and find a club where he can grow at so think we'd be a good fit at this stage of career.

4 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Not sold on McCormack. Fulham have been close to getting relegated despite him scoring 20 goals so dosen't seem much of a team player like Bent wasn't.

I also think he'll be another of those players in their late 20s we signed for big money and then wonder why we can't get rid of them two years down the line especially if he can't score in the premier league.

Would much prefer Bamford, younger, wouldn't cost as much and he needs to get away from Chelsea and find a club where he can grow at so think we'd be a good fit at this stage of career.

Totally agree.

One of my Fulham mates hates McCormack and says he can't wait to see the back of him. Strange way to talk about someone who scored 20+ goals for you but he isn't really a team player apparently. 

Unless we sort out the defense and midfield we won't be challenging for promotion regardless of which striker we sign.

And therefore I rather we signed someone more long term than McCormack as I don't see this being our season.

Way too much to sort out in way too short time.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

To be fair we could say the same for benteke and I'd have him back in a heartbeat.  Not saying I'd take Mccormack as I believe the value for money given his age is just not there

• Like 1

McCormack is a team player and has a good all round game, and if we want to get rid of him in a few years we'll have no problem doing so, as at the very least there will be Championship clubs interested. I like Bamford as well, but he'd more likely just be a loan signing.

Edited by useless
  • Like 1

Never seen either play other than clips but I am past caring about value for money etc. If they are good players that will do for me. 

Which reminds me my Palace supporting mate reckons Bamford is pants but don't know how much to read into that.

19 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Because we may have been after even better targets?

I think it's accepting our current predicament... If we wanted to sign league 1 or 2 players we'd likely have no problem. I think I'd rather we had ambition to get players better than Bamford et al, but if those are fall back players then I'm not disappointed... I suppose my emotion would be more 'resignation' to our current situation. 

21 minutes ago, Richard said:

To be fair we could say the same for benteke and I'd have him back in a heartbeat.  Not saying I'd take Mccormack as I believe the value for money given his age is just not there

I think it's a bit harsh on Benteke to say he wasn't a team player, with his ability to hold up the ball. Certainly a hell of a lot more of a team player than Bent and supposedly McCormack (only going by others not seen enough of him)

McCormack is most definitely a team player from what I've, the player he reminded me the most of is Wayne Rooney, in terms of his style of play and positioning on the pitch. The only thing he has in common with Bent is that he scores goals.

McCormick is also 10-1 to be top scorer in the championship next season which seems amazingly good odds when I think he was only beaten by Grey last season

(interestingly the same odds as Rudy , who according to the write up had almost a 1 goal in every 2 games ratio for Blackburn in the Championship )