Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

8 minutes ago, Nicho said:

Sadly I feel if we go for Premier League Experience to get back we get cast offs who aren't needed but think they deserve it. Sounds familiar. 

Perhaps, or we could get a few quality players with a point to prove.

4 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

if we have got rid of gana and clark for 12-13m there is no excuses not to bring any players in with that money. 

Of course there are, there will still be the same barriers in the way of certain players we want to sign.  I don't think it has anything to do with lack of funds as to why we have only got three players in so far.

• Like 3

Just now, sharkyvilla said:

Of course there are, there will still be the same barriers in the way of certain players we want to sign.  I don't think it has anything to do with lack of funds as to why we have only got three players in so far.

I think thats a excuse to be honest sharky, it doesnt take much to be better than some of these current squad players

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I think thats a excuse to be honest sharky, it doesnt take much to be better than some of these current squad players

It really isn't. To repeat a rather well worn phrase, the type of players we are looking at have other interest from other clubs, some cannot be released until their current club has got in a replacement. Deals take time to be done-There is more than just negotiating a transfer fee.

Please wait until the end of the transfer window. I know it's frustrating but that is how it works. This summer is no different to other summers.

• Like 3

When you get concerned over our lack of business and worry about the excuses coming out (the players we wanted weren't available, we can work with the players we've got, etc..)

Some people criticising the negativity, need to remember that it comes in the context, of years of Doug, followed by years of Randy. Villa fans have no experience that lends them to trust their owners.

37 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

if we have got rid of gana and clark for 12-13m there is no excuses not to bring any players in with that money. 

Why would they need excuses?

Do you not think Xia and RDM want to bring players in?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jon_c said:

When you get concerned over our lack of business and worry about the excuses coming out (the players we wanted weren't available, we can work with the players we've got, etc..)

Some people criticising the negativity, need to remember that it comes in the context, of years of Doug, followed by years of Randy. Villa fans have no experience that lends them to trust their owners.

But it took years for people to lose their trust in Lerner. For some reason it's taken just a few weeks for some to lose it with our current owner. 

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

But it took years for people to lose their trust in Lerner. For some reason it's taken just a few weeks for some to lose it with our current owner. 

Probably because most people can remember our last ownership change and what happened since.

I, for one, can't remember the one where Doug took over - so Randy got a free ride for a while.

9 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I'm not saying its right or wrong, I just think the context for some people is that the years of constant b***s*** has eroded their faith and their patience.

2 minutes ago, ozvillafan said:

Probably because most people can remember our last ownership change and what happened since.

I, for one, can't remember the one where Doug took over - so Randy got a free ride for a while.

Well if someone is worried about Xia because Lerner was bad, I don't think they can then claim they're not negative

I think a lot of people are worried about Xia because they don't know how much he's worth. If it was written down somewhere that he has an estimated wealth of say £5b or whatever, I think the overall outlook would be less gloomy on him.

1 minute ago, useless said:

I think a lot of people are worried about Xia because they don't know how much he's worth. If it was written down somewhere that he has an estimated wealth of say £5b or whatever, I think the overall outlook would be less gloomy on him.

Why would that concern anyone. Rules are in place that mean he can't put shit loads of his own money into transfers anyway. So it makes little difference. 

7 hours ago, Ponky said:

Based on the information coming from Tony and Roberto over the past week or so my guess is they are after premier league players as their first choice. Have no ideas who but it makes sense that these are not cut and dried signings.

I just hope they have some pretty solid Plan B options that they can move onto if things don't Look like panning out.

Tend to agree but it all depends on what your interpretation is of a prem league player.  Certainly wouldnt classify Hernandez as one.

6 minutes ago, villan_007 said:

From big pat

Appears @AVFCOfficial have revived interest in Ross McCormack & Patrick Bamford after drawing blanks elsewhere.Purely exploratory thus far.

Disappointing if true

Why is that disappointing? I'd be happy with Bamford and McCormack.

• Like 2

My biggest issues is that Okore is injury prone, Baker loves a head injury, Elphick spent most of last season injured, Amavi spent most of last season injured, Tish spent most of last season injured, Gardener has spent the most of the last few years injured...

Anyone else a little worried we may suffer with an injury crisis this year? :P