Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

4 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

He's a homophobic knob jockey 

Luckily for the rest of the world you lot aren't judges and jury for humanity and in the real world most recognise that people make mistakes in their past which don't and shouldn't define and hamper them for the rest of their lives. Some serious context is required, it's like how everytime I see a Daily Mail headline about Ched Evans it is CONVICTED RAPIST leading, whether true or not.

However I would like to offer a round of applause for all of you perfect people. Please send me a signed edition of the Torah, or any holy book authored by anointed ones such as yourselves.

• Like 2

I've been really positive about this season up until today and I don't believe my view has changed because of the game over the weekend but I think it's because we start the season properly this week. Yes we have until the end of the month to sign players but I've suddenly got very uneasy.

Our team is very very similar to last season, we still have holes at the back, our midfield doesn't have a general, we don't have many options for creativity and I'm not sure upfront where the goals are coming from.

I'm putting blind faith Xia and RDM but I'm getting a little worried as I know they are trying but the season starts this week.  The clubs confidence is still shot and a few defeats early on could send us into a bad spiral with a lot of last seasons players heads dropping, fans anger and then who would want to come to us on deadline day......not anybody worthwhile

having read this article I wouldn't be against Morrison signing for us. He's obviously aware of where he went wrong and a year abroad should have helped him mature. If we can keep his head screwed on he's easily a premier league player. 

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-united/11916281/Ravel-Morrison-Manchester-United-gave-me-too-many-chances.html

17 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

I was just pointing out how homophobic knob jockey was a bit funny, like.

I think you need to get some rest, it's been a long day.

You are right! Going to bed now!lol . good night all, hopefully better news tomorrow that most of us can be happy about! ;)

Based on the information coming from Tony and Roberto over the past week or so my guess is they are after premier league players as their first choice. Have no ideas who but it makes sense that these are not cut and dried signings.

I just hope they have some pretty solid Plan B options that they can move onto if things don't Look like panning out.

1 hour ago, Ponky said:

Based on the information coming from Tony and Roberto over the past week or so my guess is they are after premier league players as their first choice. Have no ideas who but it makes sense that these are not cut and dried signings.

I just hope they have some pretty solid Plan B options that they can move onto if things don't Look like panning out.

yeah it looks that way... we have to wait for them to finish their business before we can make ours. Could take a while. 

1 hour ago, Brumerican said:

Careful dude. The FA could charge you for the knob jockey comment seeing as it's a derogatory, homophobic term. 

I guess people's hearts are in the right place but throwing around labels like 'knob-jockey' to combat homophobia is a bit silly. 

• Like 1

Morrison is exactly the type of player we could use. He knows how to unlock a defence and has plenty of ability. His attitude is questionable but I think it would be worth taking the risk. I don't think we'll sign him though, which is a shame...

15 minutes ago, The Moustache of Teale said:

Please stop this. My mind is an overheated frenzy of double entendres such as playing for the opposition, playing at the back, preferring it in the hole etc, etc...

Just don't mention his ball skills.

5 hours ago, Ponky said:

This is what I was worried about, it's the same as premier league experience needed when we're in the Premier League. I was hoping that while needing a few experienced players we would go and raid the best of the championship and below in search of players who are good enough and have a desire and need for a platform to get to the prem.

sadly I feel if we go for Premier League Experience to get back we get cast offs who aren't needed but think they deserve it. Sounds familiar.