Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

1 minute ago, It's Your Round said:

Hopefully this is true and happens next week at the latest. We can then get on with bringing in some new quality. Things change quickly in football, let's see what unfolds.

How I and thousands of Villa fans hope so !!!

Just now, S-Platt said:

Yep Victor Valdez multi European Cup winning keeper!

Guzan must be back up then, if true of course. 

Or maybe they're going to stand him up in a cage at the training ground as a reminder not to fail. 

34 minutes ago, omariqy said:

Richards to Sunderland

Guzan to Boro

Sinclair to Celtic

Sanchez to Marseille

Much rather Lescott, Bacuna and Gabby were leaving to be honest. We need the non triers out ASAP.

although getting rid of the shit is also a must. 

Just wish we could just cancel all their contracts mentioned above. 

4 hours ago, It's Your Round said:

Didn't Boro sign a new keeper recently though? 

Yes they did but Guz will nbe happier being no. 2 in a Premier League side than no. 2 in a championship side. Will get paid better too...

1 hour ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Yes they did but Guz will nbe happier being no. 2 in a Premier League side than no. 2 in a championship side. Will get paid better too...

No 2 at anywhere will probably see him lose his place as USA goalie. Something he has waited years to claim. Can't see him going anywhere he is not the starter

2 hours ago, Texas_Mike said:

No 2 at anywhere will probably see him lose his place as USA goalie. Something he has waited years to claim. Can't see him going anywhere he is not the starter

I think after recent performances he has already lost it. I think being a No.2 suits him at this stage of his career. He looks scared shitless everytime he steps onto a football field.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, S-Platt said:

Yep Victor Valdez multi European Cup winning keeper!

Who hasn't played football in 2 years or so and never had to touch the ball while playing for Barca as they dominated nearly every game. We'll find out how good he is when Middlesborough are constantly under the cosh. Guzan could be number one sooner than we think!:ph34r:

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

Who hasn't played football in 2 years or so and never had to touch the ball while playing for Barca as they dominated nearly every game. We'll find out how good he is when Middlesborough are constantly under the cosh. Guzan could be number one sooner than we think!:ph34r:

2006, 2009, 2011 not a bad little run of champions league medals!  I guess it's easy playing in a team that does not concede many shots though.  He will start the season but like you say he might not finish it as no1.

12 hours ago, omariqy said:

Richards to Sunderland

Guzan to Boro

Sinclair to Celtic

Sanchez to Marseille

Whilst not the first names I would like out the door - would be very happy with this and an excellent step in making space in the squad and gives everyone a clean break too (from the players perspective too). 

Also means weve actually got money for players (Richards (assuming anyway), Sinclair and Sanchez) and/or not paying out wages for them anymore (Guzan). Yes very pleased with this (if actually happens of course...). 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BOF said:

I'm not overly-concerned.  I want new players but I believe we'll get them.  Some will be before the season starts and some will be after.  But I think the new management setup will have improved what's already here anyway.  Grealish being a case in point.  There's no way he'll be as bad as he was last season.  We have strikers who, at this level, we know can bang them in.  We have Amavi back at left back and a new centreback/leader in the middle.  And a new goalkeeper.  And we're not swimming with sharks anymore.  We're with the bottom feeders.  We'll be fine regardless.  But yes, it would always be nice to see more players and some positive investment.  Consider me chillaxed :)

That's far too sensible for On Topic.

2 minutes ago, BOF said:

I'm not overly-concerned.  I want new players but I believe we'll get them.  Some will be before the season starts and some will be after.  But I think the new management setup will have improved what's already here anyway.  Grealish being a case in point.  There's no way he'll be as bad as he was last season.  We have strikers who, at this level, we know can bang them in.  We have Amavi back at left back and a new centreback/leader in the middle.  And a new goalkeeper.  And we're not swimming with sharks anymore.  We're with the bottom feeders.  We'll be fine regardless.  But yes, it would always be nice to see more players and some positive investment.  Consider me chillaxed :)

All good points. However, we do need a proven goalscorer. I don't think Ayew is that yet. Hopefully Gestede can rekindle his championship form too.

• Like 1