Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

Really want Rolan. However to some posters as he was scouted last summer by Reilly, he's shit and to be avoided. But I'd Offer Ayew or Adama in px. Get it done Dr X 

Edited by thabucks
Edited in response to useless's edit
  • Like 1

Really disappointing if we get Kodjia. Seen him a few times and looked pretty poor.

Smacks of desperation on our part. I have no idea why we have left it so late when is was plainly obvious from last season we were desperate for a No 9.

Edited by jim
  • Like 2

Just now, jim said:

Really disappointing if we get Kodija. Seen him a few times and looked pretty poor.

Smacks of desperation on our part. I have no idea why we have left it so late when is was plainly obvious from last season we were desperate for a No 9.

Yep - The whole window was left to late imo. RDM was making noises about assessing the squad until Mid July (why ???) - It all seemed to kick off after the middlesborough and Luton games.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jim said:

Really disappointing if we get Kodija. Seen him a few times and looked pretty poor.

I am pretty sure we were trying all window and didn't leave it late at all. I think we are up to our plan 'G'

There's probably better value abroad than spending £15m on Kodjia. He only scored 19 league goals last season, it's not as though he banged in 30+, so £15m really is an astronomical amount for him. But perhaps I need to get out of the business of worrying about the amount of money we spend.

1 minute ago, hippo said:

Yep - The whole window was left to late imo. RDM was making noises about assessing the squad until Mid July (why ???) - It all seemed to kick off after the middlesborough and Luton games.

Have you thought that the reason the window gets busier for practically all teams at the end of the window is because a lot of players want to wait to see what offers come in before deciding.

It's not just our decision when we recruit you know.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Like Hernandez, who has done it in one season too? Or somebody else?

I would have preferred Jordan Rhodes to have been signed as we could have probably gotten him for cheaper than £15m and he has been in the top 10 scorers in the Championship for the last four seasons in a row.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, villarocker said:

How many in all of our other games this season?

Against Huddersfield at least 2 gilt edge chances, off the top of my head. 1 for Gestede and 1 for, you guessed it, Ayew. Both really poor misses. Although that was a while ago now to be fair so my memory might be hazy. 

Not so many against Derby, though 1 off the line and the Kozak chance. 

I have seen every minute so far. We should have 3 wins on the board and it's mega frustrating that we don't. If we continue to create chances at the pace that we have we will comfortably finish in the play-offs. 

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.
  • Like 1