Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

21 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Well, that depends on what you view as creation really :)

I wouldn't cite either of those shots as an example of us "creating chances" - they're individual attempts that look amazing if they come off.  If we've created, say, 50 chances so far but 42 of them are shots like those from outside of the box, I'd suggest we look short on creativity.  However, if 42 of them are efforts inside the box, we're likely playing more dangerous final balls.

These are pretty much my thoughts on how we create chances. I mean, we hardly create situations where a player could have a tap in. Also, how many times do we have a forward player miss a really good chance from within 12 yards? It doesn't seem to be occurring very often. Our chances seem more to be from players having individual efforts but I could be wrong?

1 minute ago, villarocker said:

These are pretty much my thoughts on how we create chances. I mean, we hardly create situations where a player could have a tap in. Also, how many times do we have a forward player miss a really good chance from within 12 yards? It doesn't seem to be occurring very often. Our chances seem more to be from players having individual efforts but I could be wrong?

Ayew missed 3 on Saturday. 

• Like 3

So VIllaSoutherner/avfctransfers1 on twitter saying Kodjia has had his medical. He seems to be spot on with things. 

Spewing..15 million.. i dont care.. but i doubt he will score that many again this season. Would have preferred Assombalonga. Just learnt to spell his name too. 

The other factor is we lose him and Ayew in January.. especially if we get Adomah as well. Its as we are now and without Ayew. Dumb really.

Morrison wants a villa move and we dont take him? even on loan? Loan option to buy.. give him something to work hard to? Ahh frustrating... hopefully we have the title in the bag by January ;) 

I know that any signing is a gamble but signing Kodjia would be a bigger kind of gamble IMO. I know he ha[potential and did the business last season etc but I would have preferred us to sign someone more proven as a goalscorer for the fee being mentioned.

7 minutes ago, Pilchard said:

Regarding the price for Kodija - we've been stuck in a corner really. We've tried all summer to get a striker and now have two days to get one. So prices go up. People know we've bid £20m for Hernandez, so they know we have money. We have come out and talked about buying a striker and Tony wants to deliver and not give false promises so we have to do something.

I'd never heard of him before we were linked to him. But he scored a fair few last season. As long as he's going to score goals and move us away from the relegation battle area further up the table then lets do it.

Pretty much what i was about to post - also to add these strikers we are looking to buy arent fringe players at their club they are the main men for their team, kind of like when Benteke linked away on deadline day wwe wouldnt have expected it to be on the cheap.

Edited by RaptureJames
*we - nothing to do with vince mcmahon!

1 minute ago, villarocker said:

I know that any signing is a gamble but signing Kodjia would be a bigger kind of gamble IMO. I know he ha[potential and did the business last season etc but I would have preferred us to sign someone more proven as a goalscorer for the fee being mentioned.

Like Hernandez, who has done it in one season too? Or somebody else?

I'm happy with Kodija. We need someone to stick it in the net, he does. 

You know what, I wouldn't be too disappointed if we sold Ayew and replaced him with Rolan. I get the impression Ayew doesn't want to be here.

7 minutes ago, RaptureJames said:

Pretty much what i was about to post - also to add these strikers we are looking to buy arent fringe players at their club they are the main men for their team, kind of like when Benteke linked away on deadline day wwe wouldnt have expected it to be on the cheap.

On top of that - Assombalonga - Forest having sold Burke simply wouldnt be able to entertain selling him too. The problem with things happening at the end of the window is that the price gets moved up a couple of million.

One thing I've learned this summer is that there are lot of strikers who have "done well at this level". Gestede and McCormack great examples although not really demonstrating it in the claret and blue shirts at the moment.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

When did you see him? Tell me more. 

I saw him when Bristol played Burton Albion a couple of weeks ago.  He was largely non existent