Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

5 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

Can't wait for Aaron Aardvark, I've heard he's highly rated and currently at Aab Aalborg.

Heard he is bit "thick skinned"

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Daweii said:

I think I would understand our transfer targets more if I knew what formation we were planning on playing..

Right now we seem to play some kind of 4-3-3.. Yet bidding mega bucks for Hernandez and getting Ings would make more sense if a 4-4-2 was being played, but then we have McCormack as well..

I get that we need to have squad depth but did we sign McCormack to be a squad player and not necessarily first team? Maybe the plan is 4-3-3 with McCormack, Hernandez and Ings all featuring. If I knew the formation we were planning for it would be a bit easier to see who we need..

All I will say is if the Ings talk is a goer and we are still in for Hernandez then a squad with McCormack, Ings, Hernandez, Gestede and Ayew should be netting close to a 100 goals this season combined. All we need is Kodjia and Rhodes and I think we have every striker a Championship team would be gagging for..

Just the second goal in a game would be handy.....the other 98 can can come later:)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, alreadyexists said:

We've all been hurt before. But assuming that it's going to turn out the same again with no basis for that belief ultimately undermines our current potential for happiness. Being realistic requires that you give the positive outcomes equal weight to those negative outcomes, as right now they're all equally possible.

If your ex left you for another bloke called Bazza, and you start seeing a new girl, why would you assume she's going to leave you for another bloke called Bazza too? She might, but it's not because the first girl did, and she might not and you have a long happy relationship.

Relax, try to let yourself trust, and we can all grow together.

Relationship advice thread? 

• Like 1

Such a shame we couldn't/wouldn't keep Gil on, he could have been great this season as a proper AM. Very talented player and given quite a rough ride by the management, I don't think he was ever given a proper chance and would be excellent at this level. With some strong, physical midfielders behind him I believe he would have thrived. I wonder who we are looking at for that role? Have been linked with Praet for the last few seasons...

Morrison just seems to risky, we really don't need any (more) potentially disruptive personalities in the squad.

No idea which striker(s) we'll be bringing in but I do believe that Hernandez would be a great fit and just what we need.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

Assombalonga, Hernandez, Gestede, McCormack, Ayew... That's one hell of a strike force, and the best one in the Championship by a long way. Fingers crossed.

Yeah but if they don't get the supply then it is pretty pointless. Like having a high performance sports car with no petrol.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Such a shame we couldn't/wouldn't keep Gil on, he could have been great this season as a proper AM. Very talented player and given quite a rough ride by the management, I don't think he was ever given a proper chance and would be excellent at this level. With some strong, physical midfielders behind him I believe he would have thrived. I wonder who we are looking at for that role? Have been linked with Praet for the last few seasons...

already been dropped to bench at Deportivo. Gil is crap. he started under 3 different managers and never looked good

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Such a shame we couldn't/wouldn't keep Gil on, he could have been great this season as a proper AM. Very talented player and given quite a rough ride by the management, I don't think he was ever given a proper chance and would be excellent at this level. With some strong, physical midfielders behind him I believe he would have thrived.

Is that you Michael?