Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

15 minutes ago, Zatman said:

get in Asgeir Borkur, probably shit but a fine beard ;)

51792422.jpg

King of beards. This guy should be slaying Orcs or something.

I want us to sign him just for the fear factor.

• Like 4

IF and that is a big IF we sign Diawara then that is a massive statement from the club. A player who is signed from a league where defensive awareness is a must, and with 3 huge Italian clubs interested, is a very impressive move from the club and a big statement of intent from the owner.

Every major club in the local area is owned by the Chinese now, yet we are the only club spending. Guess the question of Chinese government interest has been answered. We are spunking dollar whilst other chinese are buying clubs locally to gain faour yet arent spending as they don't have the president and family as chums.

We get promoted and we could seriously be backed by some disgustingly majr funds if €17m in the championship on a raw talent is anything to go by!

Edited by stewiek2
  • Like 3

Yikes. That'd be one hell of a statement.

If we can also get Jedinak, Bamford and another in, we will be set up for a good season. Those two opening losses really sped things up.

Edited by DK82

13 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

IF and that is a big IF we sign Diawara then that is a massive statement from the club. A player who is signed from a league where defensive awareness is a must, and with 3 huge Italian clubs interested, is a very impressive move from the club and a big statement of intent from the owner.

Every major club in the local area is owned by the Chinese now, yet we are the only club spending. Guess the question of Chinese government interest has been answered. We are spunking dollar whilst other chinese are buying clubs locally to gain faour yet arent spending as they don't have the president and family as chums.

We get promoted and we could seriously be backed by some disgustingly majr funds if €17m in the championship on a raw talent is anything to go by!

Whilst I agree that it would be a HUGE statement you don't really explain very well why this indicates government involvement?

Can't it just be that Tony is exactly who he says he is?

• Like 2

Just now, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Whilst I agree that it would be a HUGE statement you don't really explain very well why this indicates government involvement?

Can't it just be that Tony is exactly who he says he is?

Ah I'm just being a cheeky Chelmsley stit shit up lad that uts one and one together to make 3 and being a bugger loik rkid!

• Like 1

Diawara just isn't happening, sorry. We seem to get this every year, we are linked with someone ridiculous and it never happens (I am deliberately being overly negative in the hope that I get it drastically wrong and everyone can say "haha, I told you so").

1 minute ago, Richard said:

I'm pretty confidently going to predict that come the end of the window the team we have on the pitch would have comfortably stayed in the premier league last season

I think we already have that, and I include the management and board in that too.

1 minute ago, Richard said:

I'm pretty confidently going to predict that come the end of the window the team we have on the pitch would have comfortably stayed in the premier league last season

I think we're not far off that now. I'd fancy them to give it a go at least. 

I agree with you that by the end we will be in such a position. Whether it's enough for promotion I don't know, this is a long hard league season. But I'm feeling more and more confident by the day and I'm expecting playoffs.