Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

4 minutes ago, Mat Kendrick's Dentist said:

We're still trying for Diawara. Don't think Juve are interested, but Roma and Napoli certainly are. Both of those sides expected to have moved out a midfielder by now (Paredes/Valdifiori) to release funds for Diawara, but this hasn't materialized yet. The player has made it known that he wants a Serie A move but I'm still hoping that Roma/Napoli can't stump up the amount that we're willing to pay. Wonderful talent.

You sound quite clued up on this deal. Is that from our end or on the other side, or just piecing together snippets of info that's out there?

I've just spoke to an italian Journo on twitter about Diawara.....

1. #AstonVilla y #Bologna llegan a un acuerdo por Diawara por 17M€. Falta el sí del jugador.

Translated from Spanish by BingWrong translation?

#AstonVilla and #Bologna reach agreement by Diawara by 17M €. Missing the Yes of the player.

37 retweets20 likes

Retweet

More

@gago_mario Ciao Mario , come è probabile che Diawara unisce aston villa ?

Translated from Italian by BingWrong translation?

@gago_mario Hello Mario, as it is likely that Diawara joins aston villa?

0 retweets0 likes

Retweet

View Tweet activity

More

@willows17 A Bologna sono abbastanza sicuri. Il giocatore preferirebbe rimanere in Italia, ma il soldi serve per convincerlo.

@willows17 In Bologna are confident enough. The player would prefer to stay in Italy, but the money is needed to convince him.

0 retweets0 likes

Retweet

More

@gago_mario grazie per la risposta. hanno aston villa sicuramente avuto un'offerta accettata ?

View translation

@gago_mario Thanks for the reply. aston villa have definitely had an offer accepted?

4:42 PM - 14 Aug 2016
0 retweets0 likes

Retweet

View Tweet activity

More

Sam WillettsTweet text

Reply to @gago_mario 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, StanBalaban said:

You sound quite clued up on this deal. Is that from our end or on the other side, or just piecing together snippets of info that's out there?

CEO Mauro Baldissoni admits several clubs are interested in Leandro Paredes, but 'we believe he will remain with Roma'.

The 22-year-old is a hot prospect for the Giallorossi, but also a possible sacrificial lamb on the transfer market, capable of generating a solid €20m for his club.

“Paredes is a player we signed two-and-a-half years ago,” Baldissoni told the Press today, during the presentation of defender Federico Fazio. “It means our policies are correct, as he became a player that is now being discussed in terms of the mercato.

“If we signed him, that's because we consider him an excellent player. I don't mean just the club, but the Coach as well.

“It's true that other teams like him. Paredes is a Roma player and we believe he will remain a Roma player. On the market in general you make your decisions according to the opportunities that present themselves, with the aim of building a competitive squad.

“So it's possible to take initiatives as long as the market is open. This is true for Paredes, as it is for every player. And he's not our only footballer who garnered interest from European clubs.”

http://www.football-italia.net/89137/baldissoni-paredes-stays-roma

Doesn't look like they're trying to sell Paredes. 

2 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

http://www.football-italia.net/89137/baldissoni-paredes-stays-roma

Doesn't look like they're trying to sell Paredes. 

Interesting. I'm surprised no PL clubs are in for him, but if the clubs have in fact agreed a deal, it's a big show of intent from Dr. X whether he lands the player or not.

I don't really want Diawara here, I want players who will fight for the shirt and want to be at the club, and not as a last resort exit route. It's also a lot of money for a club in our position on a non priority position if we were to sign Jediank.

4 minutes ago, StanBalaban said:

Villa side. In response to SBS, Roma would like to keep Paredes, but it has long been feared that he may be lured away this summer. Player has been giving very mixed signals. What I find strange is that no other financially-able English sides (many of whom offer Premier League football) have strongly pursued Diawara.

Just now, VillaAlex said:

I don't really want Diawara here, I want players who will fight for the shirt and want to be at the club, and not as a last resort exit route. It's also a lot of money for a club in our position on a non priority position if we were to sign Jediank.

This signing looks to be on top of players that will fight for the club.

4 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

This signing looks to be on top of players that will fight for the club.

But where does he fit? We've already signed Tshibola, as Jedinak seems to be incoming. We can't have 3 defence minded midfielders in the team, which pushes Tshibola onto the bench. We also have Lyden who can do a job if required.

1 minute ago, VillaAlex said:

But where does he fit? We've already signed Tshibola, as Jedinak seems to be incoming. We can't have 3 defence minded midfielders in the team, which pushes Tshibola onto the bench. We also have Lyden who can do a job if required.

There's like 46 games this season. We need a squad capable of rotating, it's a lot longer a season than the prem. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, VillaAlex said:

In an ideal world we'd all like the same, but no top player will be dreaming of a move to the Championship. League 1 players will be, but I know who I'd rather us sign. Even the likes of Dortmund/Atleti are stepping stones these days, and it's clubs that embrace this current state of play that can punch above their weight, tough as it is to swallow.

6 minutes ago, VillaAlex said:

Yes! what this guy said, we do not want strength in depth. 

serious though, id assume tshibola is seen as more box to box midfielder, and this signing might mean the end of westwood or gardner. big if though.  

A player who sees us as a stepping stone, playing for a move to one of the top clubs in Europe will be just as motivated (or more) as someone who always wanted to play for Villa. Just different reasons behind the motivation.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, sne said:

A player who sees us as a stepping stone, playing for a move to one of the top clubs in Europe will be just as motivated (or more) as someone who always wanted to play for Villa. Just different reasons behind the motivation.

Exactly, it's the players lacking motivation (Gabby/Lescott/Hutton/Richardson/Sinclair, etc, etc,) who have been atrocious in recent years. Benteke, Ayew, Gueye are the ambitious players who have tried to use Villa as a stepping stone, and have been the guys to shine (if you can for a mind-numbingly awful side).

• Like 1

This is the type of signing which sets us up for the PL before we even get back to the PL! I don't get the apprehension, Jedinak is 32 years old for god sake. Whilst this player is 19 and looks like he could become world class. If he did eventually go it would mean he did well and would certainly be big money!

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 4

I know absolutely nothing about Diawara and have never seen him play, so can't really judge. But what I will say about the links to Jedinak, Ledley and Gunnarsson, is I know they have beards. It's like Tony and RDM know the Villa fans predilection to them. 

15 minutes ago, VillaAlex said:

As others have said, it has been years since we've had the squad depth that is needed over the course of a long season, so let's not turn our nose up at it now. Aside from that, Diawara is younger and better than Lyden and Tshibola (not writing Tshibola off by any means, but Diawara is exceptional). Signing solid players to get us promoted is great, but if we can get one or two top-level players it'll not only increase our chances of going up, but it'll also mean that there's less of a turnover of personnel when we (hopefully) do go up, rather than being lumbered with a squad of "good championship players", who can't quite do it in the Prem.

I think that this kind of deal is more for next seasons building, as the management and owner think we'll go up this season. 

The kid is 19, he's playing for a mid-lower Serie A team on a wage that I'm guessing is peanuts. 

So if we're talking about stepping stones, say we sign him and he plays well and we get promoted? Would he want to move back to Italy on wages less than what we could and afford to pay? 

But more importantly, say a Man City or Chelsea take an interest after he's played well for us this season? He's already acclimatised to the English culture, he'll be 20/21 and we'd easily make double/triple on him straight away.

Or we don't sell him and proceed to world domination.

• Like 4