Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

Definitely need to get one striker in, we're gonna be left light in that position over January when Africa Cup of Nations is on. Think Bamford on loan would be a good bit of business, even if just for a bit of depth.

Edited by JNortonAVFC

Bamford on loan is smart. He's clearly a good player at this level.

If we signed Hernandez, we'd probably be looking at signing another first choice if we go up. 

I'd rather save the money and go big on a player that can reach 15 goals in the Premier League if we go up.

Bamford, Gestede, McCormack and Ayew is a strong 4, with Kozak and RHM in reserve. 

• Like 4

I'm surprised people don't seem too impressed by Bamford. His Premier League opportunities were mainly as a sub, it's unfair to point at scoring no goals off the bench for Palace and Norwich as evidence of him not being good enough!

Bamford prolific goal scorer at this level. On loan is a no brainer.

48 games in the Championship and they come thick and fast.

With Bamford, McCormack Gestede, as our forwards we would have 3 players who all can bag 20+ goals each. Then with Ayew (assuming he stays) chipping in I dont see any other team in this division with the forward options we would have. No one.

13 minutes ago, a m ole said:

I'm surprised people don't seem too impressed by Bamford. His Premier League opportunities were mainly as a sub, it's unfair to point at scoring no goals off the bench for Palace and Norwich as evidence of him not being good enough!

Guess it's kinda like with Guidetti who I rate to a degree because I've seen him lots of times. He had 1 great season on loan at a lesser league and a couple of mediocre spells on loan at other clubs  (also had an injury that kept him out of football for a season and a half). Lots of people didn't rate him before he wen't to Celta Vigo, many of them had never seen him play, or only a handful of times...

Can only speak for myself, but I haven't seen enough games with him (Bamford) to form an opinion either way..

Edited by sne

1 hour ago, villan-scott said:

McCormack, Ayew, Gestede and Bamford as striking options is the Championship version of the Galacticos from back in the day... Sort of. 

Would be immense to have that type of depth and proven quality at this level. 

Not forgetting Gabby :)

I've been trying to!

Edited by westholmevillan
Spelling

Bamford would probably take Gestede's place,he's a good player and won't be coming here to sit on the bench. A bit surprised that they'd save the number nine shirt for a loan signing though. Maybe we're trying to sign him on a permanent deal.

Edited by useless

We're still trying for Diawara. Don't think Juve are interested, but Roma and Napoli certainly are. Both of those sides expected to have moved out a midfielder by now (Paredes/Valdifiori) to release funds for Diawara, but this hasn't materialized yet. The player has made it known that he wants a Serie A move but I'm still hoping that Roma/Napoli can't stump up the amount that we're willing to pay. Wonderful talent.