Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

8 minutes ago, 1958Villan said:

My reading of where things stand with those continually linked to us.

Have I said something that is untrue?

nope you expressed an opinion, not fact which you're entitled to

unless you mean truth is fact

deep

27 minutes ago, 1958Villan said:

Jedinak probably has less than two seasons left in his legs. Yesterday he reportedly had a good first half but, his second half performance was jaded and pedestrian.  Hardly what we need, besides there are younger players who are captain material.

Diawara hasn't had any preseason, so he'd be two months behind fitness wise if he was signed today. Can we really afford to have a player who wouldn't be fit to play for two to three months?

Morrison is hardly the type of player who fits the criteria laid down for incoming purchases.

Hull have nobody in place to deal with transfers, either in or out, so Hernandez is a no-go.

I for one, am unsure about De Laet, simply because he seems to be the perpetual loan player.

Jedinak - if we get two good seasons, great. That's all we need. His characteristics on and off the pitch will make him an excellent signing. We probably don't need him to play every game. 

Diawara would be a massive coup, I can't believe you would be complaining about this, even if he does need a few games to get up to speed. Don't see it happening.

Morrison - I kind of agree with you here, the signing makes me slightly nervous but equally he's clearly far too good for this league and is known to the coaching staff.

Hernandez would be a good signing bup I don't think it will be him, I suspect Bamford instead.

De Laet is a bit meh but he's done it before at this level and is still a good age. Certainly better than Hutton, and he can challenge Bacuna.

Can't see much to take issue with here. 

Gregg Evans today said Villa are looking at Gunnarsson from Cardiff. 

I'd be happy with any of the names mentioned. 

Jedinak, Gunnarsson, De Laet, Morrison, Hernandez, Bamford I'm sure could all come in and do well. 

Importantly I want us to keep up the pattern of only signing guys who will go straight in to the first 11 and improve us. One of the things we've got wrong I think in past windows is signing thsee type of guys intended to just beef up the squad. The squad now doesn't need that type of signing any more. 

14 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Sorry DDID, can't remove the quote box for some reason.

BOLOGNA - seems to be endless summer chaos that has as protaagonista Amadou Diawara . The Guinean midfielder decided , at age 19 and after just one season in Serie A, that for him it is time to change the air and to leave Bologna , regardless of what they might think of the Emilian leaders , and he did not appear in retreat right offer pending .

To the transfer system

OFFERS - Proposal that was due to arrive from Rome, where the output of Paredes would open a place for the midfielder in the Champions League list . But in the meantime , while the Giallorossi expect the outcome of a play-off to qualify for the group stage of the Champions League , it was remade under the Napoli . With Aston Villa that , quietly , working under track and has already reached a substantial agreement for 17 million with the Rossoblu club and the player who is pondering whether to land or not in the English club, which this year will play the Championship and not the Premier League .

Perhaps @romavillan can provide a better translation from this link http://www.tuttosport.com/news/calcio/calciomercato/2016/08/14-14378081/calciomercato_bologna_l_aston_villa_si_fa_sotto_per_diawara/

Apparently, Diawara and Foresteri are playing the same childish games and that is why the interest in Italy hasn't just cooled, its turned to ice.

There are at least three others who play his position, who are about the same age and just as highly rated. Bazoer of Ajax, Tieleman of Anderlecht and Dahoud of Munchengladbach.

2 minutes ago, 1958Villan said:

Apparently, Diawara and Foresteri are playing the same childish games and that is why the interest in Italy hasn't just cooled, its turned to ice.

There are at least three others who play his position, who are about the same age and just as highly rated. Bazoer of Ajax, Tieleman of Anderlecht and Dahoud of Munchengladbach.

I'll have to take your word for that. If they're avaliable, great. I just think it's quite exciting to be linked with some of Europe's highest rated players whilst in the Championship.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, guyavfc said:

Found this on Twitter.

Amadou Diawara is 'intrigued' by the chance to play in the Championship. [Tuttosport] #AVFC

I'm intrigued by what it would be like to soar like an eagle through the sky. 

I think the chances of getting Diawara are slim to zero. Fair play for the club in going for him, shows ambition and perhaps a glimpse into the type of players we would go for next season if we are promoted back to the premier league

6 minutes ago, 1958Villan said:

Why do you say the name of the club every time you mention a player?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, 1958Villan said:

Isn't Diawara carrying a knock? Not sure how he can be on strike when he's fit for selection.

5 minutes ago, a m ole said:

Why do you say the name of the club every time you mention a player?

It's actually helpful to the people who don't know. That said, the likes of Tielman are definitely out of reach i would say.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

It's actually helpful to the people who don't know. That said, the likes of Tielman are definitely out of reach i would say.

Not specifically that list, but I read a post the other day that read "WBA's James Chester or Stoke City's Marc Wilson". Surely everyone knows who they play for? It just reads a little odd. Especially when Mönchengladbach is spelled incorrectly :P

Quick look at those three reveals interest from Arsenal in Bazoer, Man Utd and Juve in Tielemans and Liverpool in Dahoud. Not realistic at all.

Edited by a m ole
  • Like 1

regarding fitness, i doubt it would take a 19 year old 2 or 3 months to get fit.unless hes 2 stone overweight and hasnt played in a year.

some of the negativity on here is so unnecessary sometimes. people just love drama instead of being positive. its the same handfull of people too always

Edited by Richie k
  • Like 2