Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

9 hours ago, Adbo9 said:

Not many id keep.  

Guzan:  OUT

Bennett: KEEP - be a decent championship player

Richards: OUT

Okore:  OUT - Not ability, but as the championship is relentless, you need to be able to play 3 games a week - he struggles with 3 games a month

Clark: KEEP

Bacuna: OUT

Gana: OUT

Sinclair: KEEP - Be a decent championship wideman

Gabby:  OUT

Westwood: KEEP

Lescott: OUT - Legs have gone

Veretout: OUT - Severely Shit

Richardson: OUT

Ayew:  KEEP if we can.

Traore:  ????

Hutton: KEEP

Amavi:  Inured, but OUT

Sanchez: KEEP

Gil: OUT - useless lightweight

Kozak: OUT

Zog: OUT

Bunn: OUT

Lyden: ??

Gestede: KEEP

Grealish: KEEP

Cissokho: KEEP

Nathan Baker, Steer, Gardner - would bring back all from loan to supplement the squad.............

For me, thatd leave a solid core of 14 players for the first team, so will prob need 6 to 8 more player to add to that and compete............... not impossible

This is insane. I know our team is terrible, but you can't release 3/4 of a club and expect to just buy all new players. You want to keep 14 players then sign 6-8 more? You need 25 players registered for a season. We wouldn't even achieve that if we signed 10 players. We'd need to make 11 signings minimum with your approach. Be realistic. 

18 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

This is insane. I know our team is terrible, but you can't release 3/4 of a club and expect to just buy all new players. You want to keep 14 players then sign 6-8 more? You need 25 players registered for a season. We wouldn't even achieve that if we signed 10 players. We'd need to make 11 signings minimum with your approach. Be realistic. 

I dont agree with his keep or release list in too many places but to be frank this is the issue facing us.  If we want to be competitive next season I truly believe we will need to replace 3 quarters if not more of the squad,  the current lot is that bad and there is a cancerous culture within it that needs removing,  only the deep cut removal will work

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Richard said:

I dont agree with his keep or release list in too many places but to be frank this is the issue facing us.  If we want to be competitive next season I truly believe we will need to replace 3 quarters if not more of the squad,  the current lot is that bad and there is a cancerous culture within it that needs removing,  only the deep cut removal will work

While I agree we need to replace a lot of people, I just don't think this is a thing that can happen in a summer. That will probably take us a couple years to get all new players into the club. 

15 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

While I agree we need to replace a lot of people, I just don't think this is a thing that can happen in a summer. That will probably take us a couple years to get all new players into the club. 

It can and it does, sheffield weds last summer saw 20 in, 15 out, then Fulham saw 23 out and 12 in. Big turnover in playing staff at most clubs in the championship as they shuffle their deck in an attempt to reach the prem, usually ending up breaking even on costs. This is the summary I've found quite useful lately http://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/Championship-transfers-did-club-spend-summer/story-27741795-detail/story.html

the first team isnt going to be overhauled in one transfer window, it will be 3 at least

we are also going to need the biggest rotational team as possible due to the extra games we will be playing, most of the first team have had it far too easily, theyre going to have to earn their money now

Broadly the vast majority of our foreign players will go (Adama, Ayew, Gana - bought) , (Guzan, Bacuna - chased out) but the old Premier League British journeymen will stay (Hutton, Richards, Richardson, Gabby, Sinclair, Lescott,).

There is an argument (not by me) that these old washed up cloggers could do well in the Championship. David James and Sherwood last night mentioned it. 

I can easily see us shipping about 15 players, with a mix of sales, loans and paid off/released. It's certainly not unheard of for Premier League clubs relegated to the Championship to make changes on this scale. Realistically, we're not necessarily going to be able to shift all the ones we might like to (Agbonlahor probably heads this list) or indeed keep the few we might prefer to (Ayew). So at a guess, we'll be looking at something like: 

Release/pay off/get negligible fee for - N'Zogbia, Richardson, Crespo, Bennett, Guzan, Richards, Bacuna, Kozak

Sell (as they will want to go and clubs may pay actual money for them) - Ayew, Gueye, Gil, Sanchez, Okore (between them might bring in ~£20m)

Loan - Traore, Veretout (I think these two will want to leave and we'd struggle to get half what we paid back so a loan might make more sense for now)

--

Would leave squad along lines of:

GK:Bunn, Steer

LB:Amavi, Cissokho

RB:Hutton

CB:Clark, Baker, Lescott

CM:Westwood, Gardner, Lyden

Wide:Grealish, Sinclair, Green

FW:Agbonlahor, Gestede, Robinson

That would need serious work and investment: 3 or 4 quality additions in midfield and at least one striker who can definitely score goals at this level. And a first choice GK, 2 or 3 in defence and some more creativity, means we'd be looking at 10-12 incoming (maybe fewer if there are others in youth setup who can realistically step up). The good thing about this is that a new manager would get a real opportunity to make something like the squad he wants so obviously it's important we get someone in before too long so they can be making decisions early in the summer.

On 11/04/2016 at 00:28, Czechlad said:

Ultimately I think it'll depend on how many we can get rid off. If players are in contract, and no one comes in for them or they decide they don't want to move, there isn't much we can do. If we can get rid of 20 players, we can bring in 20. But if we struggle to get rid of more than 5 or 6, we won't be able to bring in many more than that.

5 hours ago, Danwichmann said:

Ultimately I think it'll depend on how many we can get rid off. If players are in contract, and no one comes in for them or they decide they don't want to move, there isn't much we can do. If we can get rid of 20 players, we can bring in 20. But if we struggle to get rid of more than 5 or 6, we won't be able to bring in many more than that.

Other than the ones out of contract this season we might only sell the odd one or two. We'll get offers for some of our "better" players.

The majority of our players are nothing special, wouldn't be surprised if we were stuck with most of them.

Anyone expecting a complete squad reshuffle is living in the clouds 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Denis242 said:

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/apr/12/dwight-gayle-crystal-palace-contract

If you haven't known already : Dwight Gayle has signed a new contract at Palace until 2019.

Does this new contract make it impossible for us to sign him?

said before, part of the gang that went to dubai on the piss with gabby and micah, he's not going to help us

Rumours that Jed Steer will be our number 1 next season, should give an indication of the level of spending to expect next season. wouldn't suprise me if around 5 of the starting 11 for the first game next season are already at or on loan from the club at the moment.

I think we will sell Ayew, Gana, and maybe veretout - for fees around what we paid - perhaps a good whack less for Veretout - other than that I do see who we can sell to raise much money .....Grealish ???? 

1 minute ago, Bunnski said:

We don't have a manager to make those decisions so don't believe shit articles claiming who our goalie is gonna be.

No but we have Eric Black who has previously assisted Bruce.

Were running at a £27m loss - have very few saleable assets - i think the Lydens, Greens, Gardners, Steers etc will have a good chance of being regular starters next year.