Ratings and Reactions: Villa v West Ham

limpid

Sounds like we played well with the usual defensive lapse for them to score. I accepted relegation a few weeks ago so didn't expect to win and by the sounds of it we were better team so more interested in that we make progress as a team and hopefully today was a case of us continuing to improve (although slowly). Need to replace Gestede for a proper striker to partner Ayew, replace Guzan and maybe if possible get in a DM and RB. Preparing as best as possible for the championship is what it's about now.want us to be building a squad that understand how each other play and can switch between a variety of formations. UTV

Played like our lives depended on it but still didn't win. Says it all sadly.

We were the better team though and at least we actually deserved this draw, despite it coming from quite a spawny penalty. 

But sadly all this has done is bring us closer to relegation. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

The way I see it Ayew has future captain qualities to be honest!

I don't think he'll be here next season! 

I honestly believe we played to the maximum of our abilities today and yet we still didn't win. Originally I thought the players were good enough but this obviously now is not the case. Gestede could and should have had a hat-trick today. Buy a striker who can hit the back of the net before the Palace game and we may have a chance. A very slim one.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, dAVe80 said:

Good away days those. Don't think we'll be playing Bolton though, they'e the Aston Villa of the Championship.

Blackburn, my in disputed favourite away day.  Though I'd prefer never to see then again, unless cup compo or promotion to premiership.

I may be in a minority of one here but we stand zero chance of avoiding relegation simply by playing garbage and sneaking the odd win .... it may happen once or twice if we are lucky but it will not be enough. We have to play well enough and keep playing well enough.

Today we played well enough but were unlucky and, personally, I'd rather play well for a 1-1 right now than play garbage and fluke a 1-0. Now take that form and commitment and support to Norwich and see what it serves up! 

Edited by Paul33
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Paul33 said:

I may be in a minority of one here but we stand zero chance of avoiding relegation simply by playing garbage and sneaking the odd win .... it may happen once or twice if we are lucky but it will not be enough. We have to play well enough and keep playing well enough.

Today we played well enough but were unlucky and, personally, I'd rather play well for a 1-1 right now than play garbage and fluke a 1-0. Now take that form and commitment and support to Norwich and see what it serves up! 

I'd agree if we weren't so far adrift. 9 points is too much of a gap from safety to play well and take a point at home to West Ham. If we had hired Garde in the summer then today would have been a decent point because we wouldn't be in this mess.

Couldn't beat a striker-less team who've forgot how to score. Zero home wins. Miles behind at the bottom. Yes let's stay positive chaps.

We're done. Have been for weeks.

• Like 1