Pre-match thread

John

1 hour ago, KHV said:

Maybe if the scoreboard showed West ham 1-0 up when we kick off we might start better!

That's yet more evidence that half of our problems are confidence issues, imo.

The players are scared at 0-0.

At 1-0 down the pressure is off and they are free to play.

Hopefully the second half against Newcastle will give them a bit of confidence that they can play for a win.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Fun Factory said:

I sometimes seriously think we will not win a home game this season. 0-0 and a win at Norwich. That would be bloody fantastic.

I reckon we'll get one possibly two but no more. Thing is, It's not like I'm some sort of extreme pessimist because I don't for one second believe we'll come close to breaking Derby's record - we're just really really really bad at home. I still don't really get how we can be so consistently terrible at home for so many years.

We've been so bad for most of the season, yet every time we approach a new game the belief that we can turn it all around comes back. I still look at sides like Bournemouth, Norwich and Watford and think if they can go on good runs (I think Watford have now won 4 in a row!?) then even this side COULD do it. I think we have improved under Garde and just hoping and praying results come ASAP starting here.

West Ham are comfortable mid table side so hoping they all enjoy their Christmas dinner a bit too much and put in a sluggish shift against us. Just hope we drop Sanchez. 

26 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I think he will start Grealish. Try and capture some of the Roy of The Rovers play we saw from him last season.

The last time I remember Jack playing well was against Palace in August mind.

Did well against Blues.

Looks like Micah will miss out judging by quotes.

This sounds stupid, but Garde needs to take advantage of the Boxing Day vibe around the ground. People will be merrier, more boozed up than usual = atmosphere will (at least to begin with) be very good. They have injuries.

I really would much rather have a solid back four if we are to go for it, so would like to see Clark at LDEF and get Bacuna on his correct flank. 

If we're gonna persevere with diamond go: Sanchez behind Veretout and Gueye, Grealish/Gil behind Gustede and Ayew. We have to win this game and cannot be too cautious.

I genuinely think we will win this if the manager, players and fans are all positive. 

Edited by gilbertoAVFC
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

It was, Cleverly scored against West Ham from close range apparently, I must admit I can't remember it.

I think it was one of the last times we actually played some football... Everything since then has been a blur