Pre-match thread

John

It's our best chance of a win ,Our performances in last few games have been decent we actually look like a PL side ,Think he will start with same XI as Newcastle game which is important we need to start playing a settled team can't keep changing it every week.

20 hours ago, KHV said:

Garde will start with the same XI as he did against Newcsatle

I doubt it.

I think Sinclair played his way out of the first XI in that game. I'd expect us to set up how we did pre-newcastle. 3 attackers.

8 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I doubt it.

I think Sinclair played his way out of the first XI in that game. I'd expect us to set up how we did pre-newcastle. 3 attackers.

Who comes in instead of Sinclair?

4 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Gestede, Gil or Grealish I imagine.

I think Gil is wasted in that position and Grealish has been crap and is no improvement on Sinclair.

That leaves Gestede who is another that is not very convincing either.

Hardly spoilt for choice, I'd say Gil maybe is the best option if Sinclair is dropped then.

Personally I'd like Traore but that is never going to happen

Traore won't happen for good reasons. 

Regardless of your opinions on them, one of the other three is I imagine who we'll see starting. It'll depend on whether it's 4-3-3 like pre newcastle or if it's 4-4-2 like for Newcastle.

If it's the latter then I reckon it'll definitely be Gestede.

If it's the former then Sinclair has more of a chance, but my money would be on Grealish.

• Like 1

I know what team I would like to see but think he will stick with the same Newcastle starting line up!   Personally, I would like Gil and/or Traore in but it won't happen!! Moreover, if he plays Gestede in this one it will play straight into Collins' hands, as he can cope with a lazy big man.  Would love a scrappy 1-0 but think it could be a draw again.  Really don't like the line up below for a home game though:

---------------------Guzan

Hutton-----Okore-----Lescott--------Bacuna

----------Sanchez-----Westwood----------

-----------Veretout------Gana----------

---------Ayew--------------Sinclair----------

Edited by ferguson1