Pep Guardiola

Guest av1

7 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

kbtV8zN.gif

This.

It's ridiculous that people give him such little credit for what he's achieved so far.

Won the Champions League twice and 4 semi finals in a row but he's a "joker" in Europe :D

5 minutes ago, Genie said:

ah right, who said that?

9 hours ago, Zatman said:

clown

6 league titles, 3 (possibly 4) cups, 2 champions leagues, club world cups, super cups.

In 7 years of management.

But he's a "clown" :D:D

Absolute nonsense, as per.

• Like 2

I dont get why people want him to fail and discredit everything he's achieved

He created one of the best club teams in history which in turn helped create one of the best national teams in history, people who claim all he did was name messi, Xavi and iniesta every week then put his feet up while they won everything don't understand football

I just think the Jury is out on him as a world class coach. He might well be, but leading the best team in the world (possibly ever) to success is not a great indicator for me. Similar in Germany, its a 1 horse race in the main and they're able to cherry pick the best players from their rivals purely to destabilise them. Its an incredibly fortunate position to be in and a level of success is pretty much a given.

He might come to England and tear it up, and credit if he does. I just would reserve judgement until he proves his worth in a slightly more testing environment (like a wet Tuesday night in Stoke ;))

16 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

I think City are going to absolutely walk the Premier League next season. 

Possibly not next season, although I do think they will probably win it.
But I think beyond next season they'll be another level.

I actually think City have been underperforming for a while. Not massivley, but not quite realising their full potential. I think Pep will achieve that.

1 hour ago, coda said:

I don't like how his move to Citeh has been handled.

I suspect someone was about to leak the details so the club's had to announce it, can't believe either party wanted to do it this way. 

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

I dont get why people want him to fail and discredit everything he's achieved

He created one of the best club teams in history which in turn helped create one of the best national teams in history, people who claim all he did was name messi, Xavi and iniesta every week then put his feet up while they won everything don't understand football

Spain won Euro 2008 a month before Guardiola took over the Barcelona job playing a similar but better brand of football. as was mentioned before Tito and Enrique have also dominated with same Barca players and nobody is calling them one of the best

maybe people also dont trust man who failed a drugs test as a player and cleared on a court technicality especially with Dr.Fuentes allegations about Barcelona as well.

41 minutes ago, Zatman said:

as was mentioned before Tito and Enrique have also dominated with same Barca players and nobody is calling them one of the best

the difference being they did inherit a quality team, pep inherited a team built around ronaldinho and deco, with thuram and zambrotta still playing in defence and edmilson as the holding midfielder, they won nothing in 06/07, including losing the european super cup and even the world club cup, they finished 3rd in la liga and won nothing in rijkaards final year (rijkaard is genuinely an incredibly overrated manager who relied on superstar players and has disappeared from football) barca were in a bad place when pep took over, not sure if its the CL win over arsenal or the games vs chelsea that make people think otherwise

shifted the old stars out, brought in alves and pique, promoted busquets and gave messi the prominent role in the team, messi you can argue is all down to timing but the other 3 remain key players in the barca team 8 years later

Pep still inherited a quality team. Puyol, Abidal, Xavi, Messi, Iniesta all about to hit their prime plus Toure, Marquez, Milito and Henry. Barcelona were a Paul Scholes wondergoal away from getting to previous season Champions League final

4 hours ago, sexbelowsound said:

Even though I don't really like his brand of football its difficult to argue against what he has achieved in such a short space of time.

At massive clubs with massive budgets it's much, much easier. Hardly makes him a 'great', no where near the level of someone like Mourinho who won the Championship League with Porto. 

3 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

At massive clubs with massive budgets it's much, much easier. Hardly makes him a 'great', no where near the level of someone like Mourinho who won the Championship League with Porto. 

Good job I didn't call him great then isn't it. :P

Â