Pep Guardiola

Guest av1

Just now, gharperr said:

If you think barca/BM pep is similar to LVG united, you have to below par intelligence. Its the most oppisate style of play with possession type football to exist at the moment. 

Barca had Xavi/Iniesta, Bayern have Alonso/Thiago United have Fellaini/Schweinsteiger. thats the big difference

below par intelligence thanks from the guy who keeps telling me Koscielny is best defender in the league for 3 years :crylaugh:

i dont consider their playing style to be similar, i do however agree that the lack of entertainment is similar which is what i think was the original point

pep's football is an acquired taste which due to its success will always draw admirers but its not necessarily easy on the eye, i also think that its been improved by a couple of other teams (heynckes bayern for one...)

Put it in simple terms....LVG (currently for united) plays possession football so defence isn't exploited....Pep has always played possession football football for attacking / high press (he makes sure the team is set up for high press up the pitch before an attack has started  (aka gegenpressing) which is where the boring part comes into it ) which leaves defence "exposed" (its not even exposed. But apparently people can't realise between risk/reward so I'm going to call it exposed) 

Just lol at thinking if pep was instead of LVG at start of season they would have that horrible attack records which has been posted through out the season

Edited by gharperr

Guardiola's style of play was very easy on the eye for the first couple of years, I'd go as far as to say it's the best club football that's been produced. That changed when everyone started playing the same way against Barcelona (and Spain) - that's to say 2 banks of four brought in narrowly covering one edge of the penalty area to another and only about 5m apart.

That's a conundrum it took Barcelona in general a long time to solve because it became like threading the ball through the eye of a needle, and because of their quality and speed they usually managed it, but it became so dull that I stopped watching their games.

If anyone seriously thought Bayern's 5-1 destruction of Arsenal was dull, they should stop and think whether they actually like football at all.

It couldn't be less like Van Gaal.

btw I cant be only one shocked at how unprofessional he is acting about this. I remember Hazard got slaughtered for similar thing on twitter when he left Lille but he was only a kid. He should have kept quiet about everything until the end of season at least when everything sorted 

If anyone seriously thought Bayern's 5-1 destruction of Arsenal was dull, they should stop and think whether they actually like football at all.

It couldn't be less like Van Gaal.

I don't think anyone will

But haven't they also recorded something like 70% possession but 1 shot on target in the CL this season? Or was that last year? Think it was vs shakhtar

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

btw I cant be only one shocked at how unprofessional he is acting about this. I remember Hazard got slaughtered for similar thing on twitter when he left Lille but he was only a kid. He should have kept quiet about everything until the end of season at least when everything sorted 

He did keep quiet about it. It was Rummenigge that told everyone Pep was leaving and announced Ancelotti was to take over.

Guardiola's football has always been great except for his last season at Barca, where he seemed to be intent on producing the perfect tikitaka team with 10 midfielders in it plus Valdes.  Everything just got so slow and quite often the passing lost its purpose.  It will be interesting to see how he fares over here.

He believes his own hype, but he has taken Bayern Munich backwards. I will be intrigued to see how he does in England, and if the managers are Klopp, Mourinho (united), Guardiola (City) and Simeone (Chelsea), I would back Mourinho still.

1 minute ago, steve1986 said:

He believes his own hype, but he has taken Bayern Munich backwards. I will be intrigued to see how he does in England, and if the managers are Klopp, Mourinho (united), Guardiola (City) and Simeone (Chelsea), I would back Mourinho still.

He really has taken them backwards, its OK winning your league comfortably when you raid your rivals but in his 2 biggest games he has been slaughtered by Real and Barca

Â