Catastrophe

Who did you vote for?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Who did you vote for?

• Labour
    • Conservative
    • Liberal Democrat
    • Other?

I found, much to my surprise, that my polling station is almost directly opposite another polling station.

Oh, and for the Parliamentary election, only the Labour and UKIP candidates actually live in Nuneaton. The Tory bloke lives in Rugby, and the Lib Dem bloke lives about 50 miles away in Nottingham!

Looks like another Labour win for Nuneaton..

I didn't vote because of a mess up trying to sort my postal vote, but I would have gone for Lib Dem (I didn't vote in the poll though)

Do you reckon Tarquin Fintimlimbimlimbim-

whimbimlin Bus Stop Ftang Ftang Olay Biscuit Barrel (silly party) is standing this year?

It was pretty tight in Nuneaton (where I voted) though Rev - 19945 Labour, 17665 Tory. Not sure how close votes have been in the past?

That is the closest its been in Nuneaton for a looong time.

I think the majority was well over 10,000 Labour in 1997, and a similar amount in 2001. I think there was something like a 12% swing to the Tories this time. I cant understand for the life of me why people would vote for a Tory candidate to represent Nuneaton, when he doesnt eben live in the constituancy though. He lives a good 15 miles away in Rugby. I cant vote for someone to represent me who doesnt even live where i live. At least now we are marginal we might finally have an intersting election here next time around. Perhaps the Lib Dems will take this seat more seriously too, and put forward a candidate who actully lives in the west midlands! This time their candidate lived in Nottingham. An hours drive away!

Im not sure about the local council elections, but i think Labour will have probably held on there. Over the last couple of years, Nuneaton is actually having some money spent on it. The entire town centre is being pretty much rebuilt, and its nice to see Warwickshire county council's money finally being dragged away from the affluent Warwick, Leamington and Stratford to the place with the biggest population in the county. That was long overdue.

Â