Ratings & Reactions: Newcastle v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Manager's Performance

2. 2. Refereeing Performance

Ayew was fantastic second half, the rest of the team were pretty meh.  Still think Vertout is crippled by a lack of pace, still think the side are going to finish 20th. 

10 minutes ago, TrinityRoadSteps said:

Remi. How dare you not click your fingers and turn this team into the second coming of 1970 Brazil

Oh **** off.

Most managers have a 'bounce' or at least some minor improvements. He's been here for about two months, and things are as shit as ever.

4 minutes ago, kevpants said:

I am done with you lot.

Rooted to the bottom of the table and we come away with a point away from home after a really good performance. 

Apparently this is "pathetic". Apparently Garde was supposed to switch our form from back to back losses resulting in 7 points by Xmas to us winning every game.

Am I the only one who saw us dominate away from home? I am dissapointed we didnt win but we are playing much better. You cant win the amount of games we need to win without playing well.

Very happy with todays performance. Hopefully we can start getting some wins soon.

Confident we will break the boxing day curse.

no points from 7 games before Garde. 7 consecutive losses. 3 draws from 6 is a small, unspectacular improvement. Maybe we could have got a win out of one of the draws but really, I don't know what people expected.

Edited by a m ole
  • Like 1

no blame from me on Garde, our defense is so poor its no surprise he packs up the midfield, he cant help it if experienced league winning players decide to not mark players.

the frustrating thing, once again was we conceded not through exceptional play from the opposition but through just being unable to mark players, its pathetic.

Conditions did not lend itself to our free flowing expansive game...........................................ok just teasing.

seriously.

First half was woeful second half was much better, with Gestede making a much better contribution, must have been listening to Alan Shearer.

some positive we do pass the ball ok at times running off the ball is still a little off what is required.

The goal was very well executed as good as any top striker would do.

The individual physical battles are still a problem and it creates errors in our game.....we get out muscled too easily.

The defence resemble a bunch of school kids at times, too many are still not comfortable with the physical challenge.

However a point is a point, but we are running out of games....better than none.

Ps decisions of players and manager need to be snappier.

pps Thank god Sanchez found something in the second half.

Edited by TRO

54 minutes ago, PompeyVillan said:

. You can call Garde a word removed for not bringing on Traore, but at 1-1, I agree, it wasn't the right time for him or Gil.

It wasn't the timing.....It was the conditions.

Their game is running with the ball......It wasn't a running with the ball pitch, it was water logged.....They would be giving it away right,left and centre. 

• Like 2

we were never going to start winning games all of a sudden when the manager changed, we are the worst team in the league and got a point away to newcastle.

there has been steady improvement since tim left. time isnt a luxury we have i know .but there is no such things as miracles