Ratings & Reactions: Newcastle v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Manager's Performance

2. 2. Refereeing Performance

5 minutes ago, Sam3773 said:

Ayew was brilliant. If he can get some of his passion and fight into the others, we'll stand a chance. A point isn't good enough and we looked cagey in the first half.

And another shite ref.

We have no chance whatsoever we are down we needed 3 points. remi showed no guts to try go for the three points

• Like 1

Best chance to have had three points surrendered by awful negative tactics first half.

Well refereed in difficult conditions apart from not booking Thauvin on at least one occasion.

Ayew 9.5/10

Ok Carlos here's your question. you are cut adrift, bottom of the league, their defence is jittery, their penalty box is loaded with your teammates, there's 40 seconds left. The ball comes to you and you have plenty of time. What are you going to do with it?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Frobisher said:

75-80 minutes was as perfect a situation to bring on Traore as we're going to get. For once we weren't behind and chasing, leaving him with so much space to run into. I don't understand it. A draw was as good as a loss anyway.

I think the problem is that by that time, who would you have taken off - I think there was one opportunity at that point and we went with Gestede. I'd have had Traore and Grealish on for Ayew and Veretout with about five minutes left when their legs had gone, but changing the shape by bringing off a midfielder for Traore at that point would have been more likely to lose us the game than win it. I think.

• Like 1

Ayew the best player in our team by a mile, not just in terms of skill but also work rate and desire. Garde's decision to not make subs when the game was late on and the players were obviously tired was baffling.

We needed to win this one. A point would have been useful earlier in the season, but right not, especially against the teams just above us, isn't enough.

Another day of could've been, should've been. Slight progress in performance/battle but until we get 3 points, it's painfully slow. At least we got something - had Perez scored that late one it would've felt like final nail. Needs to be followed by a couple of wins over the Xmas games, for us to have a hope. Whisper it, but I actually fancy us to beat West Ham on Boxing Day (a dangerous thought!)

Ayew and Veretout were the main positives. Defence did well too, Bacuna struggled at times and it was scrappy but considering the conditions, they were not bad at all. Guzan had one of his better games of the season.

Not really the game for Gil/Grealish/Adama so I can understand not bringing them on. It's the kind of game where Sherwood would've gone gung ho and lost.

• Like 3

Well considering the first half and then the clear chances Newcastle had it's lucky we even got a point. Why we can't put in second half performances for a whole game though I'll never know. 

Ayew best player by a million miles, Okore again not bad either. Gana worst for me. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, supernova26 said:

Garde needs to get some real stick in our match. Get the word out. 

Do you really believe that there is the slightest chance in hell that Garde is under pressure for his job right now?

If he does badly, I'm sure he'll be under a lot of pressure at the end of the season and might well be replaced in the summer.

It's laughable to think that might happen in the immediate future.