Callum O'Hare

Villan4Life

18 hours ago, Eastie said:

77 % of Carlisle fans who voted gave him the man of the match award so a very good start 

The other 23% got locked out...due to having a Villa Player playing for them.

So it could have been higher.

Those were the days, when it could have been true.😄

9 hours ago, Nigel said:

My thinking is more that quarterback role.

I'm interested in your opinion as you have seen more of him than me but from the outside it seems as if his skill set could be better moulded here.

Firstly, and most importantly let’s stop with this quarter back position.. We do not need americanisms in our sport, as we don’t want it being called soccer!! 

I’ve seen very few matches of O’Hare, but what I have seen has absolutely no indication he would make a good deep lying playmaker. He is a harrower, putting people under pressure forcing mistakes. When in possession he looks to make quick passes, little one twos moving into space.

1 hour ago, mikeyp102 said:

We do not need americanisms in our sport, as we don’t want it being called soccer!!

So 'soccer' is an americanism? I thought that 'soccer' and 'rugger' originated in the UK in the 1870's - slang terms referencing Association football and Rugby football.

20 minutes ago, TB said:

So 'soccer' is an americanism? I thought that 'soccer' and 'rugger' originated in the UK in the 1870's - slang terms referencing Association football and Rugby football.

Soccer is the American term for football, rugger and footy etc etc are English terms for football.

I know this is off point as it's the ohare thread, but really Americanism used to he something most people looked up to, especially in times gone by, broadly speaking these days when anyone discusses American culture it's with general disdain, pity really.

Of course our culture is also on a downward spiral I think, seems to be a general thing not just in America.

Edited by MaVilla

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

Soccer is the American term for football, rugger and footy etc etc are English terms for football.

Yes, that's true today. That still doesn't make 'soccer' an americanism. It's a term of British origin. The terms 'soccer' and 'rugger' were coined at Oxford in the 1870s in order to differentiate betweeen Association football and Rugby football. And I believe you'll find that 'soccer' was used in the UK in common parlance even after WWI.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

They’re making Callum feel part of the gang anyway...(parts two and three also available)....

Brilliant.

No doubt we'll have some who see it as some form of bullying.

Or, if Callum doesn't make it in his career he'll sue the rest of the team 10 years from now.

Such is our world.

• Haha 1

Â