Callum O'Hare

Villan4Life

5 hours ago, TRO said:

looks more involved than Grealish for me .....shows more urgency......not afraid to mix it and get his shorts dirty.

Most Impressed with him......

That little bit of improvisation tonight.....says so much about the player for me.

not felt like this since watching Gareth Barry for the first time.

He needs to be straight into the first team but not pushed out to the wings. He is perfect for the number 10 role and could be the playmaker we've searched for and needed for so long. He's got it all it seems and performances like that will make him our most valuable player. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dave J said:

I like his tenacity - I hope Bruce will look to include him in more matchday squads 

Tenacity is the bit I liked. He has a great eye for a pass but he worked his balls off and will put himself about. I hope that sets him apart and helps him progress. I liked him, a lot.

O'Hare behind Kodjia and Hogan could be a very scary proposition for defences in the Championship. He may not be ready to start now but he will be in the side by the end of the year imo. 

6 minutes ago, KSV said:

O'Hare behind Kodjia and Hogan could be a very scary proposition for defences in the Championship. He may not be ready to start now but he will be in the side by the end of the year imo. 

You know what - I'd be very tempted to use him as often as games allow until the moment is right to start him- and yes just behind those two up top could yield goals for us.

for the first time in a while - I feel excited by a young lad breaking into the squad - just hope we aren't expecting a bit too much too soon?

• Like 1

Really impressed with him last night and overall he was probably our best attacking player. He is clearly very comfortable on the ball and can pick a pass. Faded a little bit in the second half which is not surprising.

He isn’t ready to be starting regularly but I’d expect him to be in and around the match day 18 now and getting some game time.

46 minutes ago, omariqy said:

I'd put him in the team. He must be buzzing at the moment. Capitalise on that. 

I think Bruce touched on it after the game but it's amazing the effect that kind of work rate/enthusiasm/sheer will to impress has on the rest of the team. 

Its no coincidence our best two halves of the season/preseason have both had him in the team. Hogan looked a different player both times as well. Admittedly crap opposition both times but he's given Bruce something serious to think about which is all credit to the lad.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, villarocker said:

He needs to be straight into the first team but not pushed out to the wings. He is perfect for the number 10 role and could be the playmaker we've searched for and needed for so long. He's got it all it seems and performances like that will make him our most valuable player. 

I agree VR.....No 10 role for me.

I think one of the things managers worry about with young kids is ball retention, they tend to lose it easily and put the team under pressure.

Not this kid.....He is a player i could TRUST if I was manager.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, roonst83 said:

I think he only faded due to Bruce's substitutions meaning he was switched to the left wing. He's clearly best as a no.10 and showed that when played there. He has a great eye for a pass, links up very well with there going forwards and gets back and eta stuck in. Just what we want and just what we need. Hope Bruce gets him more involved. Fearless youth players like Callum could really show some of our seniors a thing or two. 

spot on

• Like 1

Clearly a talent but id ease him in. If warnock sees his name in the starting 11 on Saturday you can be sure he'll ask one of his boys to "look after him ". Hopefully, we're in a situation where we have Cardiff beat with some time left(unlikely) and then bring him in.

• Like 3

I loved this kid's tenacity. He put some really good balls in for Hogan which seemed to turn Scott into a totally different player. Whereas Grealish spends too much time on the ball Callum seemed to move the ball on and look for returns. We have to be careful against Cardiff though, Warnock is a bit of a plonker that isn't above doing what Johnny suggested above to stop him.

Shame he couldn't put that header in, though he was probably the smallest guy on the pitch so it's not a big surprise. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, magnkarl said:

I loved this kid's tenacity. He put some really good balls in for Hogan which seemed to turn Scott into a totally different player. Whereas Grealish spends too much time on the ball Callum seemed to move the ball on and look for returns. We have to be careful against Cardiff though, Warnock is a bit of a plonker that isn't above doing what Johnny suggested above to stop him.

Shame he couldn't put that header in, though he was probably the smallest guy on the pitch so it's not a big surprise. 

He needs to be nurtured and managed properly.....but he must get more and more game time

Reminds me of Peter Beardsley in the way he plays.

Stated in the match thread last night that imo he is more effective than Grealish due to better end product and wants to be involved in the game more.

No fear factor either wearing the shirt.

I'd be inclined not to start him against Cardiff though as Warnock will instruct his players to kick lumps out of him from the off but I'd bring him on for the last twenty of the game.

• Like 1

Â