Callum O'Hare

Villan4Life

Looked to me like he got isolated for most parts of the game. He had the ball very little. But did mostly good when he got it. Not a bad appearance and definitely showed there is something there imo.

I think a loan move would do wonders for him. 

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
Just now, OutByEaster? said:

Off to Carlisle on loan by the sound of things. 

Good luck to him there - it's an opportunity to show what he's about.

Disappointed with this. Should have been Grealish’s replacement.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, striker said:

Disappointed with this. Should have been Grealish’s replacement.

I don't think that was ever likely - O'Hare will be a striker. He's a perfect second striker in a team that play with two up top - he'll drop deep, he'll work hard, but he's by nature a forward. It's hard to see O'Hare having chances here at the moment, there's no space for him in our system

• Like 1

I'm slightly concerned he end up leaving for somewhere like Preston and really flourish. Callum Robinson is statistically the most dangerous forward (goals and assists) in the lower leagues of England this year, and we let him go for nothing without ever given him a fair chance.

37 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

He is no where near good enough at this point. 

Based on what? He hasn't had any kind of proper run in the team. I'd rather put him in there for a chance to prove himself than Conor Custard Guts Hourihane.

Bruce doesn't give him a chance everyone goes crazy, Smith does the same and 'he's ain't ready'

Give them a chance that is all you can ask for. He may not be good enough. He may take to it like a duck to water. You have to give them the opportunity. Nobody thought Gabby was anymore than a sprinter but he had the character to thrive at that age, just needed the opportunity.

Instead we watch the same turgid 3 in the middle one up top and wingers who don't wing. Most of which won't be here in 6 months.

Sick of it at this point.

• Like 3

A loan will be good for him but I believe he can contribute to the squad now, I'm disappointed in Smith on this one, he hasn't given O'Hare a fair shake. No reason why we can't try a 3-5-2 or 4-4-2 type formation with O'Hare off the forward as a second striker, Smith is simply lacking either imagination or the balls to try something different. 

Edited by Dr_Pangloss
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

Based on what? He hasn't had any kind of proper run in the team. I'd rather put him in there for a chance to prove himself than Conor Custard Guts Hourihane.

He was woeful in the cup game. Far too weak on the ball. 

Like Jack, a loan spell lower down will help. Maybe good enough in the future, may have odd moments now but not ready to be playing first team football for us on a regular basis.

18 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

If he can’t prove himself in training how is he going to do it in a game?

Who said he doesn't? He must be impressing if he's in the match squad, right? I don't care if Hourihane looks good in training, he doesn't on match days now.

So, in the words of the great philisopher Adam Ant: that music's lost its taste so try another flavour.

5 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

A loan will be good for him but I believe he can contribute to the squad now, I'm disappointed in Smith on this one, he hasn't given O'Hare a fair shake. No reason why we can't try a 3-5-2 or 4-4-2 type formation with O'Hare off the forward as a second striker, Smith is simply lacking either imagination or the balls to try something different. 

Or O'hare isn't good enough. This is a ridiculous stick to beat the manager with. 

3 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Or O'hare isn't good enough. This is a ridiculous stick to beat the manager with. 

He's done very well at U23 level which suggests he has something about him, all the while others who get selected week in and week out under perform. You only know if someone is good if they get enough of a chance, Smith hasn't given one of our best young players much of a go, it's not a 'stick to beat him with' it's a more than valid point to raise. Smith needs a lot more time and has inherited a mess, but that does not mean that his decisions are immune to a bit of criticism.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

He's done very well at U23 level which suggests he has something about him, all the while others who get selected week in and week out under perform. You only know if someone is good if they get enough of a chance, Smith hasn't given one of our best young players much of a go, it's not a 'stick to beat him with' it's a more than valid point to raise. Smith needs a lot more time and has inherited a mess, but that does not mean that his decisions are immune to a bit of criticism.

You said he lacks balls or creativity because he won't play a young unproven kid, who in his last game looked like a little boy playing with men

RHM looks amazing at u23 level but is not ready. 

Like i said, ridiculous stick to beat him with

7 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

He was woeful in the cup game. Far too weak on the ball. 

Like Jack, a loan spell lower down will help. Maybe good enough in the future, may have odd moments now but not ready to be playing first team football for us on a regular basis.

There wasn't a single player in that game who played well. And a single game is nowhere near enough time to judge.

Im not saying he's destined for greatness but he's the best youngster we have and those starting games in his position are not delivering. So why not have a look until Jack's back?

Anyway. Let's see how today pans out. 

12 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

Who said he doesn't? He must be impressing if he's in the match squad, right? I don't care if Hourihane looks good in training, he doesn't on match days now.

So, in the words of the great philisopher Adam Ant: that music's lost its taste so try another flavour.

I’d rather he replaced Whelan.

Â