Callum O'Hare

Villan4Life

I'm not sure whether or not it's a case of football fans trying to always find something to moan about with their clubs, but we have always seemed pretty poor when it comes to loaning out youngsters to get experience.

I think this is a positive move. Good luck to the kid. 

I hope this loan happens. He’s obviously at a standard where he is too good for the Under 23’s and not going to start for us or consistently make sub appearances so a loan is best for his development now at this stage. It will be interesting to see how he gets on!

14 hours ago, TRO said:

I fully understand the fact that these players have to develop....but I am also from the school that says they have to oust first team players.

Managers have their jobs on the line its not a benevolent society.....They have to come in and prove their worth to the team.

We have to get back to the days of players earning their shirt in the first team....unfortunately today, it seems like the gap between first team and academy is wider than yesteryear.....the game is faster, with less time on the ball and more physical, its hard now to apply the skill and refs in this league ,do tend to turn a blind eye to being molested.

I think they have to go away and PROVE their worth.

They have to commit themselves to the discipline and work involved in order to rise above their current level, grow up instead of old as they say.

Without a doubt.

That said, while one should be forgiven for thinking otherwise, nurturing the cultivation of a community based approach to the integration from academy to first team, is actually a methodology that has had considerable and consistent success at the highest level. This is however unusual in football, where talented individuals tend to dominate selection and games from an early age, and coaches, in the pressure cooker environment that is professional football, tend to be authoritarian, shouting, control freak-esque, so it is understandable then that there is an overemphasis and glorification of winning and individual achievement, rather than a spiritual, moral and benevolent cultural emphasis.

Just simply because this is what we are used to, doesn't make it the best practice. When you really start questioning this, say 'Is that the way I have to assume life is? I know everybody does, but does that make it true?' It doesn't necessarily. It ain't necessarily so. So then as you question this basic assumption that underlies our culture, you find you get a new kind of common sense.

Proving their worth is also something the club and its coaches are responsible for and should be investing every effort and penny to ensure they have upheld their end of the deal in. These young men need to be developed in to combative athletes. To be strong. They actually need all the love and support they can get on this journey. In the warrior culture of the Lakota Sioux tribe you honor and respect your opponent, why should we treat our own any differently then? This attitude toward their opponents was an acknowledgement that they help you to achieve your best and hone your skill as a warrior. In Lakota Sioux culture strength is, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy - myself.

The very word competition derives from the Latin con petire, meaning to search together (that is for excellence in self-fulfillment), and doesn't necessarily mean that there is an inherent and unkind nature to it.

Like others have said, I'm not sure the focus should have been the 7-a-side tournament, but what's done is done. I have confidence in O'Hare from the little I've seen, he has the right ideas and I hope they develop into a craft for him, wish him well with the loan.

Edited by A'Villan

On 17/08/2018 at 19:56, villa4europe said:

yeah i agree with that but i suppose what my main question is can o'hare and grealish ever realistically play in the same starting 11 together or do they both want to do the same thing

David SIlva, Bernado SISlva, Sana, Sterling etc etc. If they are good enough, they can find a way to play together. For me , they could, in the way Spurs play 2 creative AM behind a front mind in a 3-4-2-1 or 4-2-3-1 where they can play with a 3rd CAM like Green. 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, jimcohen said:

David SIlva, Bernado SISlva, Sana, Sterling etc etc. If they are good enough, they can find a way to play together. For me , they could, in the way Spurs play 2 creative AM behind a front mind in a 3-4-2-1 or 4-2-3-1 where they can play with a 3rd CAM like Green. 

Thats the question - not convinced O'Hare is in the calibre of those players you mention - and lets not forget he was very average in the Peterborough match last season. Sure Bruce isn't giving him a look in - but remember when the fans were screaming for Bannan and Delfonso  ?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, hippo said:

Thats the question - not convinced O'Hare is in the calibre of those players you mention - and lets not forget he was very average in the Peterborough match last season. Sure Bruce isn't giving him a look in - but remember when the fans were screaming for Bannan and Delfonso  ?

I was at that game, he was our best player

Oh and Jed Steer made some great saves in that game too

I was at the game, he was bright for about 8 minutes and wasn't seen since then tbf, best player is stretching it.

I don't even think we had a "best player" tbf, they were all a shambles and Peterbrough could have got double figures so a bit unfair on a youngster but that's the way it is.

Anyway, get him out on loan, let them make mistakes and learn and come back all the better for it.

• Like 1

On 18/08/2018 at 10:01, A'Villan said:

They have to commit themselves to the discipline and work involved in order to rise above their current level, grow up instead of old as they say.

Without a doubt.

That said, while one should be forgiven for thinking otherwise, nurturing the cultivation of a community based approach to the integration from academy to first team, is actually a methodology that has had considerable and consistent success at the highest level. This is however unusual in football, where talented individuals tend to dominate selection and games from an early age, and coaches, in the pressure cooker environment that is professional football, tend to be authoritarian, shouting, control freak-esque, so it is understandable then that there is an overemphasis and glorification of winning and individual achievement, rather than a spiritual, moral and benevolent cultural emphasis.

Just simply because this is what we are used to, doesn't make it the best practice. When you really start questioning this, say 'Is that the way I have to assume life is? I know everybody does, but does that make it true?' It doesn't necessarily. It ain't necessarily so. So then as you question this basic assumption that underlies our culture, you find you get a new kind of common sense.

Proving their worth is also something the club and its coaches are responsible for and should be investing every effort and penny to ensure they have upheld their end of the deal in. These young men need to be developed in to combative athletes. To be strong. They actually need all the love and support they can get on this journey. In the warrior culture of the Lakota Sioux tribe you honor and respect your opponent, why should we treat our own any differently then? This attitude toward their opponents was an acknowledgement that they help you to achieve your best and hone your skill as a warrior. In Lakota Sioux culture strength is, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy - myself.

The very word competition derives from the Latin con petire, meaning to search together (that is for excellence in self-fulfillment), and doesn't necessarily mean that there is an inherent and unkind nature to it.

Like others have said, I'm not sure the focus should have been the 7-a-side tournament, but what's done is done. I have confidence in O'Hare from the little I've seen, he has the right ideas and I hope they develop into a craft for him, wish him well with the loan.

Quite profound A'Villan, if you don't mind me saying.

The problem is.....just when you think you've bottled it, the bottle tips over and it all pours out.....the challenges are many and the ability to adapt to adversity is crucial.

Success is very complex, both for manager, team and individual player.....There is no hard and fast rule that delivers it.....there is no ten commandments......There are tried and tested procedures sure, but no guarantees.

Of all the managers in football that have achieved success, they have done it their way and rarely does it mirror someone else's way, they get influenced sure, but its there own methodology......that goes for players too.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

On 18/08/2018 at 11:48, Dr_Pangloss said:

Good for him to get regular action, but under a better manager I believe he'd be a regular in the squad by now, he has a lot of talent and drive and has not been managed well at all.

Agree with this and what if Grealish needs resting or picks up another injury?

I just hope there will be a recall clause in the loan?

49 minutes ago, striker said:

Agree with this and what if Grealish needs resting or picks up another injury?

I just hope there will be a recall clause in the loan?

do forgive me for being coy.....but you respond to a post that believes O'Hare would have a better chance under better manager ( whoever that is?) and you then you cite Jack in your response....I just thought how Ironic, when SB has presided over Jacks development and he has turned in to such a fine example of a home grown player.

just thought it was worth a mention.....maybe you failed to spot it.

Edited by TRO

3 hours ago, TRO said:

do forgive me for being coy.....but you respond to a post that believes O'Hare would have a better chance under better manager ( whoever that is?) and you then you cite Jack in your response....I just thought how Ironic, when SB has presided over Jacks development and he has turned in to such a fine example of a home grown player.

just thought it was worth a mention.....maybe you failed to spot it.

Grealish showed under Sherwood that he could be a Premier League player.

• Like 1

Â