Callum O'Hare

Villan4Life

1 minute ago, rodders0223 said:

We could develop him next year in the Championship rather than drop 10m on another clown. Just a  thought.

I think we're looking to develop someone younger and with a higher ceiling than O'Hare.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lexicon said:

I think we're looking to develop someone younger and with a higher ceiling than O'Hare.

Yep, judge the decision on how much game time we give to Ramsey 

Letting him go creates the space in the squad for the next one up, just have to hope he's better 

He is the type of player the likes of Norwich would have developed into a very good Championship player

We simply never give them a chance and are hindering their development.

Best of luck to him

Edited by villalad21

Just now, villalad21 said:

He is the type of player the likes of Norwich would have developed into a very good Championship player

That’s the kind of argument on I can get on board with

the failure of villa here was 2 managers and an owner ago, the chance to develop him for us was was 3 years back, we **** it up, now if / when we go down again we need a solid plan for our academy to break through

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

£5m player out the door for nothing

It would seem no-one at the club rated him enough to offer him a contract. Maybe we have better young prospects coming through? 

I don't understand the we let him go, we didn't really. He wanted first team football at this stage of his career, we couldn't give him that. He wasn't even close to starting for us in the Prem. We could have given him more opportunities but it seemed maybe we didn't trust playing younger players in our predicament. 

O'Hare is a great talent, he will have a really good career but he was right to leave and with the ambition we have we should not miss him. 

• Like 1

O'Hare is a week older than Douglas Luiz and has 6 Championship games under his belt. Andre Green and Davis played 50 games each in the division in that time

He was nowhere near good enough for the Villa team at the time

• Like 1

Â