Pre-match thread

Arj Guy

As per every season, I really hope we win this one. I don't care how, just as long as we do. For the love of McGrath, just let us win this one!

I'll even donate £10 to Acorns if we do.

• Like 1

our record up there is shocking, I remember beating them when dyer and bowyer were sent off, cant remember anything other than a string of last minute winners from cisse & Remy and equalisers from ben arfa.

2-0 defeat.

On 12/16/2015 at 00:57, jackbauer24 said:

Draw isn't good enough at this stage. If we're still happy picking up a point just because we're away against another lowly placed team then it's over. 3 points or nothing.

The season starts, or finishes, on Saturday. 

We are Spock in the radiation filled chamber and I am Scott to your Kirk "We're dead already"

We should be looking at anything over 7 points from the next four matches just to catch up, even though a draw wouldn't be the end of our season (as long as we beat 2 of the following three games) a win would be a great way to start the xmas fixture list.

Shame about Richards being injured though.

I'd go with:

......................Guzan

............Okore.Clark.Lescott

Hutton.................................Bacuna

.....Westwood.Gana.Veretout

........................Gil

.......................Ayew

Subs: Bunn, Illori, Sanchez, Sinclair, Traore, Grealish, Gestede

The main objective is to not concede (difficult considering the shitty goals we've gifted this year). Hopefully we'll manage that and even more hopefully grab a much needed goal!

• Like 2

This is the first game all season where I am going into it with no hope, and no belief that we will even get a point. Prior to this, even with our horrendous run, I've always thought we could get something from every game.

I also still don't know what our best team is, and neither does Remi. If I had to choose, I would line up similar to how we did at Leicester with a 4-2-3-1, and have Veretout in central 2 rather than no.10. I have a feeling though that Remi will pick the same team as the last 2 games.

Ive got a bad feeling about this one. Could easily be 4-0 or 5-0, and be a massive nail in the coffin. 

2 hours ago, a m ole said:

NO way? seriously? 0% chance?

Yep. Newcastle are on a roll and we are a shit team with a shit manager. (IMO)

1 hour ago, sheepyvillian said:

It's evident that we play with a lot less anxiety away from Villa park , so here's hoping .

Yeah, Everton away and the first 35 mins at St Mary's are prime examples of this

1 hour ago, jim said:

Yep. Newcastle are on a roll and we are a shit team with a shit manager. (IMO)

I think we will get stuffed, I think it will be all over before half time

• Like 1

Newcastle seem to play well when the camera's are in town, they are on a good run, we can't score, we are the worst team in the league, we haven't won a game since an undeserved win on the opening day of the season, the bookie's have Newcastle even money to win...need I go on?

2-0 Newcastle.