---------------------Ayew

1 hour ago, Richard said:

---------------------Guzan

Hutton-----Richards-----Okore--------Bacuna

-----------Gana------------------Westwood

------------------Veretout

Traore----------------------------------------Gil

That's actually our best team, apart from Amavi for Bacuna or Hutton. No wonder we are going down.

Edited by villa89
  • Like 1

--------------Guzan------------------

Richards--Okore--Lescott---Bacuna

---------------Sanchez------------------

--------Gana----------Veretout---------

Adama---------------------------Grealish

-----------------Ayew--------------------------

Could even drop Grealish in at the head of the diamond and throw Adama up with Ayew.

Richards needs to drop his silly aversion to playing right back and pull together for the team.

Edited by Wainy316

------------------Guzan-------------------

*Richards--Okore--Lescott--Bacuna

----------------Sanchez------------------

---------Gueye---------Veretout--------

--Traore--------------------------Ayew--

------------------Kozak---------------------

*If fit.

Edited by Spray
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Richard said:

4-1 to barcodes

---------------------Guzan

Hutton-----Richards-----Okore--------Bacuna

-----------Gana------------------Westwood

------------------Veretout

Traore----------------------------------------Gil

Came in to post a team but you beat me to it, definitely the best chance of getting something with this 11.

• Like 1

Will Richards be back for this?

If not, then maybe we could try...

----------------------- Guzan -----------------------

---------- Okore --- Lescott --- Clark ----------

Hutton ----- Gana ------ Sanchez -- Bacuna

----------------- Gil ---- Grealish -----------------

----------------------- Ayew -----------------------

... we won't, but it would probably put less pressure on Bacuna, you could swap Grealish for Veretout as well. I'd definitely try and pack the middle of the park and stay compact and keep the ball. Longer it stays 0 - 0 the more edgy their crowd will get, if we can boss possession then we might have a chance of winning, especially if they look to go back to front quickly and just give it us back....

• Like 1

I can never understand why we're so bad at Newcastle yet always win at Sunderland. Even when we were top 6 under MON we were regularly losing to them there.

Couple of weeks ago I would've been actually confident of scraping a win but looks like we're playing Newcastle at a bad time. 

Could see a repeat of Southampton game, 1-1. 

Draw isn't good enough at this stage. If we're still happy picking up a point just because we're away against another lowly placed team then it's over. 3 points or nothing.

The season starts, or finishes, on Saturday. 

10 hours ago, jackbauer24 said:

Draw isn't good enough at this stage. If we're still happy picking up a point just because we're away against another lowly placed team then it's over. 3 points or nothing.

The season starts, or finishes, on Saturday. 

Last nail in coffin time I think. We should already be planning for the phoenix from the flames act next season....

If we get minimum TWO wins from next four games, we should spend in January and go for it.

If we don't win two games (at least) then we should spend nothing, offload anybody who will not feature in the Championship (for whatever reason - age, salary, etc) and start building for next season.

The irony might be that making next season the focus and taking some of the pressure off might actually get them playing more freely and winning games !!!

Edited by Paul33
  • Like 2

I know I shouldn't, but I can't help beginning to feel excited that this weekend could see a change in our fortunes.  I've read the incredibly depressing stats about our record at Newcastle and then there's their recent run.  I know there's nothing to back it up.  But at this time of the week my hopes start to rise - it's so painful.

• Like 2

The first goal will be crucial. If we do not get it then I cannot see us getting back into the game.

We need a win but I would take a point as long as we followed that up with a win against West Ham and with 4 - 6 points from the games at Norwich and Sunderland.