Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Arsenal

limpid

Match Polls  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Manager's Performance

2. 2. Refereeing Performance

Arsenal ...only scored from a dodgy penalty and a break away goal where a free kick was not given in our favour

Walcott got past Hutton and Hutton pulled him down in the penalty area (at the second attempt). 

Fail to see what was dodgy about it, apart from the ref's delay in awarding it.

You make it sound as if Arsenal shaded a closely fought match through a couple of lucky breaks. Let's face it, we were never in with any chance of competing with Arsenal, even when they took the second half off.

I never said we were in with a chance of competing with Arsenal but we would not have been given a penalty if it had happened at the other end and Guzan had an easy game so we weren't battered and against lesser teams we have a good chance.

Unbeleivable that some are crticising Garde - he has nothing to work with at all

Gestede is one-dimensional and immoblie, Sinclair works but is far too lightweight, Gil and Grealish can't be played together and the creativity they supply comes at the cost of pressure on the ball and possession, Okore and Richards look our best bet at CB but both are right-sided. Traore deserves a chance but looks to me like fitness is a problem. Sanchez has so many mistakes in him and lacks a sense of responsibility

We need to bring three or four in during Jan, if we can attract anyone of any quality at all.

We must win next week and then win two of the next three to have any chance - not impossible but very unlikely

i don't blame Garde, but I'm not sure Sherwood would be doing any worse either

If Sherwood was still in charge Arsenal would have scored a hatful in the second half. Remember this is the guy that snatched defeat from the jaws of victory at Leicester. He is a truly awful football manager.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

For me we look like we've improved under Garde - we had to make the change to give ourselves any hope. 

A true must win game next week

If Sherwood was still in charge Arsenal would have scored a hatful in the second half. Remember this is the guy that snatched defeat from the jaws of victory at Leicester. He is a truly awful football manager.

They would if they were even half arsed. Sherwood or Garde.

I thought there were positives in that - there are lots of teams better than Arsenal in this division and we'll beat a fair few of them if we play like we did today.

I thought Veretout, Hutton, Gana, Ayew and Okore did well, Sinclair had a decent game, Lescott and Sanchez were a mix of good and bad and Bacuna did his best on the wrong side of the pitch. We need a left back and a striker, but we've been worse than we are now - there have been many opportunities to be angry with the team this season, I don't think this is one of them - I think we're starting to look a little better. I don't think it'll keep us up, but there are positives for me.

I understand the calls for Traore, he's absolutely thrilling to watch, but he's not a complete player yet, I think we're using him the right way generally - he's a circus footballer, incredibly difficult to defend, but not much of a team player at this point.

And incidentally (and it is only incidental) I hate Kevin Friend.

• Like 2

To me the penalty looked like a hand on Walcotts shoulder magically made his knees give way, there was definitely contact but not enough to make him fall over, the ref ten yards away was waving no foul, the Lino forty yards away apparently saw it better...

To me the penalty looked like a hand on Walcotts shoulder magically made his knees give way, there was definitely contact but not enough to make him fall over, the ref ten yards away was waving no foul, the Lino forty yards away apparently saw it better...

TV replays showed that the linesman did not signal a penalty!

TV replays showed that the linesman did not signal a penalty!

So the ref didn't give a penalty, then Walcott got up, had a chat to him and the ref changed his mind?

Even better

We have far too many players that get on the wrong side of the opposition and try to tackle from behind, always a foul, in the box always a penalty. The villa player then turns into a wrestler and easy decision for the ref, not only are they poor players they are poor wrestlers.