Weekends football 11/13 December

andykeenan

LVG taking off Fellaini was just absurd. He really is a complete headfuck of a manager. Don't understand what he's trying to achieve at all. They were setup to play long balls to Fellaini, since he's gone off they've just got no out ball. 

9 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

LVG taking off Fellaini was just absurd. He really is a complete headfuck of a manager. Don't understand what he's trying to achieve at all. They were setup to play long balls to Fellaini, since he's gone off they've just got no out ball. 

maybe he is a secret Liverpool fan

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, CarewsEyebrowDesigner said:

Watford are 4 points off 4th, in mid-December. WTF is this league right now.

Shit, I think. The quality from the top teams is really sub-par. When you consider the money Chelsea, Man United and Man City have spent they should be running away with it. 

It strange because I don't think the teams are any worse in terms of quality, indeed I would argue that 'on paper' most squads are stronger than they were 5/6 years ago (Manure and Chelsea being obvious exceptions) but for some reason it feels as though that a lot of players are just... tired and not performing as they should.

Edited by CarewsEyebrowDesigner

15 minutes ago, CarewsEyebrowDesigner said:

It strange because I don't think the teams are any worse in terms of quality, indeed I would argue that 'on paper' most squads are stronger than they were 5/6 years ago (Manure and Chelsea being obvious exceptions) but for some reason it feels as though that a lot of players are just... tired and not performing as they should.

Disagree.

5-6 years ago the top teams had fantastic defensive units hence how well they did in CL. Man. United had VDS- Neville-Rio-Vidic-Evra. I accept the injuries are giving it a wierd look but even when everyone is fit it's not near the quality of that apart from keeper. That's not to mention what Man. United had in attack...Ronaldo, Rooney, Tevez etc...

Chelsea had a younger Terry with Carvalho and other legends like Terry and Drogba running things in the final third.

Liverpool in 08/09 should've won the league. They had the best striker in the league in Torres and a fantastic midfield trio of Mascherano, Alonso and Gerrard but Benitez focused too much on defending so they drew far too many games and let Man. United back in.

Only Arsenal you could say are a similar standard now to back then but with still the same fatal flaws when it gets to the crunch.

Typical that was the era when we had the money and manager to threaten the top 4. If we had those two in this present league I'm sure we'd be capable of 4th. 

Â