The Worlds Worst People (who really aren't that bad)

Eames

Human society has thrown up an abundance of fetid arseholery. This thread is not for them. Stalin, Hitler, Nigel Farage, Ghandi et al have no place here. 

This thread are for those who by poor choices, bad planning or ill concieved ideas conspire to make our lives and daily ineractions that tiny bit more difficult. 

My contribution to this ignoble list? 

The person who decided that "backspace" should send you back a page on web browsers. Nobody wants this. Nobody asked for it. We just want to correct our spelling. Humankind is destined to waste hours of its existance swearing and clicking "forward" only to be faced with the prospect of re-writing that genius, thread defining post we had almost finished. 

What a bastard. 

• Like 4

Bill Murray

:o - I hear you gasp.

Well Bill Murray is the reason Ghostbusters 3 didn't happen, despite him "playing" the game by turning up to an awards show in full Ghostbusters get-up about 5 years ago. 

It would help if he employed an agent too, he's missed some great opportunities for films because he was too busy playing golf to pick up his phone.

I like Bill Murray, he's great in most of the films he's in, but I feel like he let me down about Ghostbusters.  Plus Harold Ramis (Egon) died last year, it all but ends the hope.

38 minutes ago, Eames said:

"backspace" should send you back a page on web browsers. Nobody wants this

I want it. In fact when the browser on my computer was updated and it went away I was sad. I had to press "alt + [" or click on something instead to make it go back to the previous page. It annoyed me every time.

When I found a way to re-instate the back arrow button as a means of going back a page I was very happy.

I think you're being unduly nasty to the person who decided the back arrow button is a good way of going back. I think they're nice, probably are kind to animals, maybe grow herbs in their garden and give money to charitable causes.

This thread are for those who by poor choices, bad planning or ill concieved ideas conspire to make our lives and daily ineractions that tiny bit more difficult. 

we already have a Randy Lerner thread

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

Bill Murray

:o - I hear you gasp.

Well Bill Murray is the reason Ghostbusters 3 didn't happen, despite him "playing" the game by turning up to an awards show in full Ghostbusters get-up about 5 years ago. 

It would help if he employed an agent too, he's missed some great opportunities for films because he was too busy playing golf to pick up his phone.

I like Bill Murray, he's great in most of the films he's in, but I feel like he let me down about Ghostbusters.  Plus Harold Ramis (Egon) died last year, it all but ends the hope.

+1 from me. Mostly for this though.

Mike Love. Mike Love is a word removed, that is the master of over egging his contribution, the man would visit Washington DC and argue that he was solely responsible for the emancipation proclamation.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Mike Love. Mike Love is a word removed, that is the master of over egging his contribution, the man would visit Washington DC and argue that he was solely responsible for the emancipation proclamation.

The man who kicked Brian Wilson out of his own band, after the reunion, so he could tour on the back of it.

Just now, dAVe80 said:

The man who kicked Brian Wilson out of his own band, after the reunion, so he could tour on the back of it.

You ever see his hall of fame induction speech, its a drop, a grain of salt as to why I hate him, but it is one of the reasons.

Just now, Seat68 said:

You ever see his hall of fame induction speech, its a drop, a grain of salt as to why I hate him, but it is one of the reasons.

I've not. I may check it out for giggles though.

Talking of gate, it took me about 2 years to realise that "Plebgate" was named so mostly because of the fact that the incident took place at an actual gate...

Nah. It would have been called that wherever it happened.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Talking of gate, it took me about 2 years to realise that "Plebgate" was named so mostly because of the fact that the incident took place at an actual gate...

Just now, mjmooney said:

Nah. It would have been called that wherever it happened.

So really it's Plebgate-gate

yeah, i've used that joke already. Big whoop, Wannafightaboutit?

familyguy.jpg

Â