Our Final Points Total This Season?

Villarocker

We've got 4 games until we hit half way, three of which are "winnable" (which for us translates as slightly less difficult than other more difficult fixtures, but ultimately still difficult).

Sunderland and Leicester were bottom with 14 and 13 points after 19 games respectively the last 2 seasons.

IF, and it's a big if, we can win 2 of those three "winnable" games, then we've got a chance.
It all depends on if Garde really has improved us and if he can capitalise on that in those fixtures

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

We've got 4 games until we hit half way, three of which are "winnable" (which for us translates as slightly less difficult than other more difficult fixtures, but ultimately still difficult).

Sunderland and Leicester were bottom with 14 and 13 points after 19 games respectively the last 2 seasons.

IF, and it's a big if, we can win 2 of those three "winnable" games, then we've got a chance.
It all depends on if Garde really has improved us and if he can capitalise on that in those fixtures

I’m enjoying reading your posts mate. You are one of the few who still believe that we just may be able to get out of this. I’m wary of being sucked back in though only to get another kick in the bollocks. Around 95% of the time I think we are done then I read your posts and one or two other posters, look at the fixtures and think just maybe come 4:55pm on the 2nd January (post Sunderland away) we could be within sniffing distance of safety.

I know some are looking past Arsenal and our run from Newcastle on but I think Sunday is huge for us. A win against them could ignite our season and be the kick start and huge confident boost we need going into some tough fixtures against teams that will have targeted the games against us as must win. I genuinely don’t fancy us going to Newcastle completely cut adrift and with no win in our last 15 or since Remi arrived. The pressure on us would be too much. This winless streak has to end now. If it does I’ll show myself to be two faced and jump ship to the believers :D

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 2

In reference to Markavfc40's post above:

I know some are looking past Arsenal and our run from Newcastle on but I think Sunday is huge for us. A win against them could ignite our season and be the kick start

That would be great, if we could win on Sunday. But, it would mean absolutely zilch if we lost in the next game against Newcastle which, for me, is the most important of the two games. Let's face it, would anyone be really surprised to see us beat Arsenal then cock it up by losing to Newcastle?

This isn't me being negative. I am just being cautious with my approach to the Villa these days because you just always feel that as soon as you start to feel a little bit of a lift the buggers find some way of bringing you right back down to earth with a bang again.

35 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

I’m enjoying reading your posts mate. You are one of the few who still believe that we just may be able to get out of this. I’m wary of being sucked back in though only to get another kick in the bollocks. Around 95% of the time I think we are done then I read your posts and one or two other posters, look at the fixtures and think just maybe come 4:55pm on the 2nd January (post Sunderland away) we could be within sniffing distance of safety.

I know some are looking past Arsenal and our run from Newcastle on but I think Sunday is huge for us. A win against them could ignite our season and be the kick start and huge confident boost we need going into some tough fixtures against teams that will have targeted the games against us as must win. I genuinely don’t fancy us going to Newcastle completely cut adrift and with no win in our last 15 or since Remi arrived. The pressure on us would be too much. This winless streak has to end now. If it does I’ll show myself to be two faced and jump ship to the believers :D

Yep.

I don't for one second underestimate the size of the task, or think that we are likely to escape.

But I don't think that all hope is lost.

I do think it will all depend on that run over christmas though. If we lose a lot of those games then my hope will disappear.

You're right, Arsenal would be a huge scalp if we could do it. Not just for the points, but the confidence gained would set us up incredibly well for the following run.

Unfortunately, despite my glint of optimism, I can't see us beating, or even drawing with Arsenal. They're just too good for us right now.

And yes, you're definitely right. By the end of that Sunderland game, we'll basically be in a position where we'll know if it's worth buying players in january. We'll have a much better idea of our chances following that game.

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1

We need to get something against Arsenal. Norwich matched them for large periods recently and got a draw, and Sunderland had chances at 2-1 down and on another day may have got a draw before succumbing to a third on the counter. Teams in the bottom 4/5 have shown you can get some joy out of Arsenal, we have to show that we are good enough. Time to show some spirit and a bit more quality.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, lexicon said:

If I were Remi, I'd be looking at getting Sanchez to man-mark Ozil. Need to take him out of the game as much as possible, as he's been instrumental for them lately.

I said similar.

Sanchez has allegedly marked the likes of Messi and neymar out of games playing for Colombia. We need him to do that to Ozil on saturday

4 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I said similar.

Sanchez has allegedly marked the likes of Messi and neymar out of games playing for Colombia. We need him to do that to Ozil on saturday

Maybe that's Sanchez' thing - unable to mark, say, Oriol Romeu, but when it comes to Messi, Neymar, Ozil or other genuinely world class players, he can suddenly do it!

Â