Pre-Match Thread

Grasshopper

On 12/7/2015 at 15:25, Hanky said:

Agbonlahor up front Saturday to stretch their centre halves. I always say this then Gabby actually plays and I'm reminded why he hasn't scored in ages. I think him Ayew and one other up top. Try and pick our most physical, pacy side as possible.

Yep I'd go for that for Saturday, but come match day I'd play Kozak up front with Ayew out wide exactly where his was playing vs Southampton. I don't see us having anything to lose by playing Kozak instead of Jushede and that other waste of space no 11. If someone gives me at least one positive other than being a little more match fit than them, I'd might agree??

Edited by Spray

4 hours ago, Richard said:

----------Guzan--------------
Hutton-Richards-Okore-Clark
----------Sanchez-----------
----Gana-----Veretout--------
------------Gil--------------
-----Traore--Ayew----------

Midfield would be too lightweight, pack out the midfield. One point is better than another 2/3/4 defeat.

Edited by Spray

Think we need pace up top and get the ball quickly to the front three! Would go for this as we need Bacuna's pace against Walcott:

----------Guzan--------------
Hutton-Okore-Richards-Bacuna
----------Sanchez-----------
----Gana---------Veretout----
Traore----Ayew----Agbonlahor

Predicted draw against Saints last week and honestly think the best we can hope for is same again (draw).

Edited by ferguson1

Well, they've a squad decimated with injury, are palying away in Greece tonight with only a prospect of minimal rotation, they're going to a bit tired when they play us so I say load the side with pace and play them on the counter, I think we've got a distinct possibility of a win here.

• Like 4

47 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

First 15-20 minutes will be the most dangerous time for us. We're likely to start nervy but if we're allowed to come into the game a bit we'll have a chance.

It will probably be all over after 20 mins, especially if we start like we did against Everton and Southampton

we have a chance, but we still need to play exceedingly well. If Arsenal win and get through tonight they'll be pretty tired out from a mentally and physically draining match, and the travel back - certainly it will effect them a bit and they are a few key men down. No Sanchez and Cazorla for a start. Given we are not managed by someone with the IQ of a potato and as such should be reasonably well organised and prepared, it's not a write off yet.

• Like 1

Guzan

Richards   Lescott  Okore  Hutton

Sanchez     

Veretout           Gana

Traore                             Ayew  

Kozak      

8 hours ago, KHV said:

It will probably be all over after 20 mins, especially if we start like we did against Everton and Southampton

Mmmm how quickly were we 3-0 down at home to them last season. The Emirates wasn't pretty either (I was in the home end for that).

5 hours ago, Rodders said:

they'll be pretty tired out from a mentally and physically draining match, and the travel back

Ah yes, the 3 hour flight home, stretched out in business class with on board massages will drain them so much. I imagine that our clinical front line will have a field day. ;)

• Like 1

-------------------Guzan

Hutton - Richards - Okore - Bacuna

-----------------Sanchez

---------Veretout--------Gana

Gil---------------------------------Agbonlahor

------------------Ayew

Subs:  Bunn, Clark, Adama, Gestede, Grealish, Sinclair, Westwood.

Don't think there is room for Kozak on the bench unless it's in place of Gestede.

Edited by bose

Seeing as I think our biggest problem is the lack of strength or skill from our midfield, I'd set us up ultra defensive with fast players up front to hit on the route one type counter attack. We don't have a single player who could go toe to toe with an Arsenal midfielder so why bother?

Guzan

Hutton Richards Okore Clark/Ilori

Westwood Sanchez Gana

Traore                                     Ayew

Gabby

Subs: Lescott, Richardson, Veretout, Sinclair, Kozak, Bacuna and Bunn

Midfield to break up play, play simple balls, maintain possession and NOT try to take players on. Westwood will keep it tidy, Sanchez will be the enforcer and Gana's job to spot the passes. Gabby is good at holding up ball and Ayew and Traore's pace would get them up there quickly. Gabby is going to be isolated for huge periods of the match though. Gestede is useless, Kozak hasn't played and Ayew, Sinclair and Traore try to take players on too much against a team like Arsenal. We need Gabby on form hustling and causing problems.

If (when) we go behind bring on Veretout for Westwood or Sanchez, Bacuna for LB and Kozak for Traore  (Gabby going back) to go for more crosses with pace behind. If we somehow take the lead and are holding on, Ayew or Traore off for Veretout/Bacuna. No space for Grealish this week, not good enough for attack and we need more defensive players on bench to either hold any points or stop it being a rout.

Prediction if everything goes perfectly 0-0. Otherwise I can see a 4/5 or even 6-0 loss with a shaky defence, confused midfied. The way our midfielders lost the ball last week whilst in possession would see an Arsenal team over run us. We need to be physical as we'll have little answer for their skill and can see our defence being split open at ease without the midfield helping out a lot.