Ratings and Reactions: Southampton v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Manager's Performance

2. 2. Refereeing Performance

its controversial, but having watched a number of replays, i think Southampton's goal is primarily Guzan's fault.

The ball bounces inside the 6 yard box - if it can bounce in the box without a touch the keeper should be on it.

That's not to say that Sanchez didn't lose his man, but I'd expect the keeper to be claiming that

2 minutes ago, Villanun said: I agree with almost everything you posted there. But Sanchez just got Man of the Match on Setanta, so I wonder how they saw it so differently to you.

Sanchez was the worst player on the pitch by far, IMO.

Lots of passes directly to Southampton players, and he should have been watching his man for their goal. I can only assume he won MotM for services to comedy in football.

Totally agree his passing is Sunday league at best and his man scored for goal. Go 442 and **** him off

Sanchez lost the man, Guzan should have come for the ball before It dropped for him to score , I have just  watched it and Guzan left it , a good keepers ball all day long for me.

Guzan does some great things but high balls into the box and his distribution are weak . Sanchez is the best DM we have ......saying that Guzan is the best keeper we have as well 

my biggest frustration was probably gestede. He really doesn't offer much. He is quite poor at holding the ball up and his timing on some of his headers are really bad. I can only see him being an option off the bench when we are chasing a game and start pumping balls into the box. With someone better at holding the ball up I feel we would have created more chances. 

Ayew on the other hand was great. If our whole team had his passion, technical ability and work rate we would be safe from the drop. Overall it was a solid point.

maybe im missing a beat here, but id like to see how exactly, the point is valuable, the way i see it, it's border line useless.

the occasional draw is not going to save us, we arent even on the tail of 19th place newcastle, we need wins, whether they be entertaining or boring, or clean or dirty wins

• Like 1

12 hours ago, tinker said:

Good result , Guzan needs to control high balls into our box , he can use he's hand ffs , he just let's the balls come in unopposed, please be brave UTV

Huh?!

Did you watch the game?

Guzan must have come and claimed about 20 crosses yesterday.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, butler50 said:

That's is an exact perfect point. Why not trying and bring subs on to win

In fairness, had we gone for the win we'd probably have ended up with no points. A point is a small step forward. I don't think points are enough, but I'm not expecting miracles either.

Garde, and the team, are making steps in the right direction, although they are small steps. I've accepted he won't be able to keep us up now, so credible draws or going all out for wins is all academic really. 

34 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

That was fairly obvious. Guzan came for a number of crosses yesterday, challenged and unchallenged. 

Completely dominated his area yesterday, I thought.

The point was very pleasing, but looks like it might all be for nought if Liverscum don't sort their act out and put one two three past Newcastle.

Edited by Chewie

6 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Huh?!

Did you watch the game?

Guzan must have come and claimed about 20 crosses yesterday.

No just the goals on motd ,  I was a little bit pissed as well but it looked like Guzan could have challenged for the ball in my drunken haze .

9 hours ago, AstonMartyn88 said:

Shall I chalk a point up for you then?

Yep. 1-0 to me.

Or, maybe don't criticise someone for not doing something that they actually did, especially when you didn't even watch the game.

I'll definitely take my point though. How many more before I win the internet?

• Like 1