Weekends football 4/6 December

andykeenan

Stoke played a front three today of Arnautovic, Bojan and Shaqiri. We played a front three of Ayew, Gestede and Sinclair. The difference in quality is embarrassing 

All 3 had failed miserably and were on their way down, Stoke took the gamble, can't believe how well bojan has played, he was garbage at Milan and Ajax, arnautovic was piss poor at inter and shaqiris stock was dropping like a stone

The difference is willing to pay huge wages to players who have under performed at previous clubs, no way would we have done it

• Like 1

The Liverpool wide players - Ibe and Firmino keep cutting in from wide areas to get a shot or lay it off when they have a perfectly good opportunity to whip the ball in to Benteke against FRIGGING Coloccini and Dummet, whose he's had the beating of in the air all afternoon. 

It mean its all well and good cutting in but mix it up a bit and cross from wide areas sometimes damnnit Benteke has taken up plenty of good positions in and around the box only for the cross option to be ignored. 

20 hours ago, villa4europe said:

i saw a clip earlier of why i hate real madrid and ronaldo, benzema scores and he turns to the ref and moans that he didnt get a penalty decision go his way, didnt celebrate a team mate scoring because he wanted to score himself (again)

Maybe Ronaldo thinks Benzema is an asshole so doesnt want to celebrate with him :P

Ahhh and Benteke's off, might as well if you're constantly going to ignore the option to cross into him. The lack of crossing in this Liverpool team is driving me crazy - its like they go out of the way not to cross the ball when their players are in an easier position to work the cross - they're struggling to score because they keep trying to play in front of the Newcastle wall of bodies. 

They have no plan B, I thought buying Benteke was to give them precisely that. Of **** finally Clyne crosses one in, doesn't even beat the defence, and what's the point their best finisher from crosses is off already. Idiotic. 

Newcastle can win this. Unbelievable. 

Just now, gharperr said:

not looking great for benteke. I know hes been slightly injured but he isnt really showing the "world class" label which many villa fans think/thought he was. liverpool fans arnt convinced what so ever 

To be fair so far I've seen in the match he's taken up good positions off-the-ball playing on the shoulder of Colocconi, but out wide everyone ignores him by cutting in and he gets sucked back in towards them to provide a passing option but Ibe and Firminio the selfish bastards keep wanting to try to dribble past their men or shoot. 

I feel pissed for Benteke, he's just used as a long ball flick-on option and nothing else. If they wanted that they should have kept Rickie Lambert, what a waste of Benteke's strengths. Its frankly tactically naive to keep sticking to plan A when you're not getting any joy. 

Klopp needs to get his players to try something different. 

I'm just pissed off. 

Well we need to be more positive v Arsenal and indeed all our games over xmas period, we're pretty much in the last chance saloon as the points gap is mounting.

Trying to park the bus and get 0-0s isn't good enough anymore, we need to be positive and attempt to win games particularly as our back 4 is awful. 

Â