How many points in December?

John

We need to keep in touch with the clubs above us this month to maintain some hope of beating the drop and to give the club some reason to think that making new signings in the next transfer window might save the club money in the long run. 

We will face Southampton (a), Arsenal (h), Newcastle (a), West Ham (h) & Norwich (a).

The games at Newcastle and Norwich are ones that we cannot afford to lose if we are to have any hope of beating the odds this season and staying up. It is tough to see us getting anything from our next two games. Could West Ham be ready for a Christmas stuffing? Most likely not but we might just get something from that game. Surely the law of averages suggests that we will win a home game again one day and it needs to be sooner rather than later.

So how many points do you think we will get? None might seem likely at the moment and that would be the end of all reasonable hope that might still be out there. A 15 point maximum return would see us clear of the drop zone and half way to safety. I suspect we will get 2 points but would be over the moon with 7. Over to you...  

I think we get 4, maybe 5.  We'll beat one of Newcastle and Norwich plus draw with the other.  Might sneak something against the Hammers.  As for what we need.  I think we need 7.  An upset at the weekend would be just the ticket.

• Like 2

So hard to tell after our start.  I don't think we've been terrible but, equally, we're only on 5 points as a result.

I'd like to think we can get 5 to 7 points from that run.  We'll likely lose 2 games minimum so need to pick up elsewhere.  Strangely, I can see us getting a point at Southampton.

9 would be fantastic. If we could sneak a win this weekend somehow, itmight give us a huge huge confidence going into games after Arsenal.

Although im afraid from an away game as Everton one.

Sunderland are out of the bottom 3 where everybody said they were down at the beginning of the season.