Barry for England?

Hanky

Should Gareth Barry be picked for England?  

116 members have voted

1. 1. Should Gareth Barry be picked for England?

• Yes
    • No

I'd rather have Downing than Barry at LM

Did you see him at VP this season?.

now if he were that good do you not agree he should really have been able to trouble our reserve right sided midfielder who was playing right back that day?.

I have watched him play in Europe and the prem this season and he has flattered to decieve everytime I have seen him.

He is being hyped because he is young, English and left footed.

Did you see him at VP this season?

No, but I assume he had a bad game? Well then that must make him crap. :roll:

From what I've seen of him, I'd prefer him over Barry at LM

Did you see him at VP this season?

No, but I assume he had a bad game? Well then that must make him crap. :roll:

From what I've seen of him, I'd prefer him over Barry at LM

It's all about Opinions Ligs I respect that.

But if your going to quote me please use the whole quote, i didn't say he was crap because of one game against us (that's the measurement used by some on here to rate players they think we should buy) I said "I have watched him play in Europe and the prem this season and he has flattered to decieve everytime I have seen him.

He is being hyped because he is young, English and left footed."

The VP game was just an example of his lack of ability :winkold:

But if your going to quote me please use the whole quote

Where's the fun in that? :winkold:

Downing is still very young (20, 21?) and probably isn't ready for England yet, but would still be a better bet at LM than Barry, especially in the long run

^^ How old is Barry, 23-24?? There's hardly much between them but you seem to have written him off, yet Barry has been playing in the Premier league since he was 17 and is still miles off his peak.

Strange.

If every manager in the Premier League, Primera, Serie A and even the Norwegian Tippeliga was to chose between Downing and Barry, I think 99% would pick Downing.

Talking about Barry being better than Downing is just stupid. He is fast, he h has a great cross and he has tecnique. Barry is slow, works too little and has virtually no flair or tecnique. Id pick DOwning over Barry every day.

Gareth Barry is a talented footballer, hes in a small group of players who are english and left footed. Along with downing (who ive seen plentyful)this is the only reason hes getting a mention for the England squad. like someone said earlier if they were right footed they wouldnt even get a mention.

Im another believer that GB best position is actually left back, but villa not having a proper left winger in the last few years has forced him to play that position and hes always been indifferent there.

A lot of people are saying barry is too slow. I wouldnt say hes slow, i just think hes a slow because hes playing as a winger. The fact is that hes no slower than McCann, Laursen or Hendrie but a winger demands a faster player.

As for England i dont see why they wont play wright philips down the left, i personally think he makes a better winger than beckham but sven will never drop him. Pires and Overmars are living proof that a right footer can be an excellent left player. dont forget Henry used to play there too.

Stuart Downing is in contention of a possible United-bid, but they are priced away from it.

At least now... don't think we'll see Barry down the left at Olf Trafford

it seems to get in the squad these days you have to be nice to Mr Beckham and his pet poodle Sven

Rumour has it that Barry and Beckham don't like each other. Hence Barry's rapid removal from the England squad when Beck ... I mean ... Sven took over.

Of course, that coincides for Barry's worst run of form in his career to date so it could just be coincidence.

Downing has said he will NEVER play for Utd whatever the money!

Didnt Alan Smith say that?

Id rather have Barry than Downing but wouldnt play him left wing.

• 2 years later...

Agree with that, I wasnt on here two years ago.

But I didnt rate him as top class myself and will have to admit I was wrong.

I think there will be even more from him as he reaches his peak and turns his controlled technique into game domination.

We could have a poll about this subject every day for the next three months it does not matter one iota Barry is not going to be picked by this teddy boy marble sucking pox of a manager anytime in the near future.

Â