Ratings and Reactions: Villa v Watford

limpid

Match Polls  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Manager's Performance

2. 2. Refereeing Performance

Devastated. I am an eternal optimist but I just can't see how we will get ourselves out of this now. 

Doesnt get any easier with Southampton away and Arsenal at home. 

We are just too easy to play against, our defence is shambolic. It's all well and good asking Lerner to back Garde in January, but if you're adrift at the bottom it isn't easy to get the type of player we need. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, flamingsombrero said:

It's over and I doubt we'll be coming back up for a very long time.

I can see us doing what wolves did and dropping again right away too

I watched Deeney a lot at Walsall 5-6 years ago. I never thought he would make it to the premier league but he was a hardworker who could score goals, a bit similar to what Gabby used to be. He was actually playing right midfield at the time but Walsall moved him to central striker and he had a good season scoring 15 goals and getting the move to Watford.

The 3rd goal was awful defending but just look at the desire Deeney showed, he nearly broke his neck to get to the ball when it was looping up in the air. Everyone knew how much he wanted to score infront of the Holte end. You just wouldn't see it down the other end.

4 hours ago, VillaChris said:

I watched Deeney a lot at Walsall 5-6 years ago. I never thought he would make it to the premier league but he was a hardworker who could score goals, a bit similar to what Gabby used to be. He was actually playing right midfield at the time but Walsall moved him to central striker and he had a good season scoring 15 goals and getting the move to Watford.

The 3rd goal was awful defending but just look at the desire Deeney showed, he nearly broke his neck to get to the ball when it was looping up in the air. Everyone knew how much he wanted to score infront of the Holte end. You just wouldn't see it down the other end.

I agree to a certain extent but the ball was under Clark he could only jump straight up where as Deeney was able to run at it which allowed him extra height.Richardson was next closest defender and he would have been able to see Deeney he just stood there.

I blame Richardson for the Deeney goal - let him waltz past and have a forward jump on Ciaran Clark.

Have only just got around to watching the highlights and thought we looked pretty good going forwards but for some reason cannot stop making shitty costly mistakes at the back.

I don't put it down the style of play - it's purely individual errors that are costing us dearly - be it a pathetic stabbed effort of a clearance by Sanchez for the first, a daft OG by Hutton followed by the debarcle leading up to the third goal.

• Like 1

Given where we are I would take the likes of Kevin Nolan or Joey Barton in a heartbeat to give us a bit of steel. We are so powder puff its just unreal. 

5 hours ago, theboyangel said:

I blame Richardson for the Deeney goal - let him waltz past and have a forward jump on Ciaran Clark.

Have only just got around to watching the highlights and thought we looked pretty good going forwards but for some reason cannot stop making shitty costly mistakes at the back.

I don't put it down the style of play - it's purely individual errors that are costing us dearly - be it a pathetic stabbed effort of a clearance by Sanchez for the first, a daft OG by Hutton followed by the debarcle leading up to the third goal.

Deeney is a total and utter c word who goaded the Villa fans shamelessly all game and then tries to pretend it was all good natured post match. BUT he showed desire and commitment that sadly our players can only dream about.

I couldn't watch us on Sat, how were we going forward? Did we actually create chances in this game? I've seen the Ayew sitter and the one Clark nearly got to in the first half.

Btw Sanchez gave the ball away for a half-chance (can't remember what the outcome was but it wasn't for a goal) but people who blame him for that should see that Gana gave him the ball in a ridiculous position.

18 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

I couldn't watch us on Sat, how were we going forward? Did we actually create chances in this game? I've seen the Ayew sitter and the one Clark nearly got to in the first half.

Btw Sanchez gave the ball away for a half-chance (can't remember what the outcome was but it wasn't for a goal) but people who blame him for that should see that Gana gave him the ball in a ridiculous position.

I think we were as good, going forward, as we've been for a long time.

We scored two goals and could have had 2 or 3 more.

But defensively we were poor. That's where we were undone.

• Like 1

On ‎28‎/‎11‎/‎2015‎ ‎20‎:‎04‎:‎14, claretman said:

My personal low was the Watford fans singing "You're going down with the Bournemouth".

Mind you, they may be wrong about that. Bournemouth were showing a bit of fight and nous on Saturday that showed they know how to get points from  difficult games.

14 hours ago, Harry said:

Given where we are I would take the likes of Kevin Nolan or Joey Barton in a heartbeat to give us a bit of steel. We are so powder puff its just unreal. 

people said the same when we signed Steve Hunt,  thought he was going to be the difference for us.  We got relegated

On 11/28/2015, 8:04:14, claretman said:

My personal low was the Watford fans singing "You're going down with the Bournemouth".

I didn't really get that.

Don't you usually sing that song when there's some sort of rivalry with the team at the end of the chant (Bournemouth in this case)? 

Is there some sort of Bournemouth connection I'm missing?

On 11/28/2015, 8:04:14, claretman said:  

I didn't really get that.

Don't you usually sing that song when there's some sort of rivalry with the team at the end of the chant (Bournemouth in this case)? 

Is there some sort of Bournemouth connection I'm missing?

Not sure why exactly but Watford fans don't like Bournemouth, something that happened last season I think

Bournemouth took the title from Watford in the 90th minute of the final game of the season, though it was because Watford conceded rather than because Bournemouth scored.  I wonder if there was a bit of 'banter' between the two sets of fans over the summer or something.