Match Polls  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Manager's Performance

2. 2. Refereeing Performance

Cutting through the disappointment of the result:

1. We can score

2. We looked OK for the most part and showed some spirit

3. Stop the stupid goals and we may have hope

We need to feed the front better than we are. Gana was poor today, Sanchez I thought was OK, Adama could hold the key, Veretout was good today. Need to replace Clarke and Richardson

Edited by thunderball
  • Like 3

6 more months of the season left. We can survive this.

Adama needs to start, he's raw and will give the ball away, but he can make something from nothing and we need that. 

Gana totally invisible today, might need to be dropped, because he seems to be visible most of the time.

Okore needs to start and Clark should be shifted to LB.

Gil buzzes around with the ball at his feet but no one to pass to...Veretout was billed as an attacking player, but he doesn't really support the attack. He should be getting forward to support Gil.

Signs of life despite the ominous signs of death.

If we can grind out two wins by the New Year, bring in a couple of good players in January, we can see this out and stay up.

I thought today would be the start of something new, but sadly it's the same result. Much more effort today, but I finally have that sinking feeling. I can't see us recovering from this, but I am proved wrong. The Championship beckons, and a few more depressing days before the season is over.

Something needs to happen to Clark. On the face of today it looks grim, but we played will. Get rid of Clark and add a half decent CB, we would have got something out of today.

3 minutes ago, Dorset77Villa said:

We have shown more fight in the last 100 minutes than we have witnessed all season.

Yes mistakes have cost us yet again but if we can keep the fight going we will pick up points along the way.

The only way we can avoid relegation is if Randy puts his hand in his pocket, the choice is his! "UTV" "Villa Til I Die"

The issue is that yes we did show more fight today than we have all season but only after we had conceded.. Each and every time we conceded fought like our lives depended on it, came back and then believed the job was done. So yeah we showed more fight, but only because Watford forced our hand.. 

1 minute ago, supernova26 said:

Played against two of the dodgiest keepers I've seen but still manage to f**k up.

7 points from safety. 3 wins straight from us wouldn't get us safe. And the chance of us winning 3 straight matches ranges from 0 to 0.

3 games x 3 points per win = 9 points

Settings aside those dodgy maths, you're right; 3 wins in a row is a ridiculous proposition.

I saw enough today to reassure me that the players will continue to fight. We win that game 9/10 times, and comfortably at that.

There's still a long way to go. I'm still confident we have enough quality going forward to go on a run and get ourselves out of this mess.

We're relegated, that's for sure. I don't really care very much. I just wish I could fast-forward through the next six months and get to the start of next season. 

I didn't go, or watch, or listen to the game. I went to the pub, with a friend who hates football, and ate lunch and talked about life in Asia. It was approximately a million times better than every other Saturday afternoon this season. 

• Like 4

Guzan - not good enough

Hutton - squad player at best

Clark - not good enough

Richardson - not good enough

Richards - as a centre back? Not good enough

Gana - not good enough

Veretout - not good enough

Sanchez - not good enough

Gil- terrible game

Sinclair - squad player at best

Ayew - Alright but not a natural goal scorer, so Not good enough.

And that is why we are utterly shafted

• Like 2

Horrible feeling but there goes the saying 'you make your own luck' and we have rode ours for far too long.

There are so many problems and theories as to why we're losing games but it in summary it is not a nice feeling. Not enjoying this whatsoever and I just hope we can show a bit of fight as I did see some of that today. If we plug away, we will get some breaks. 

I find the positivity in a few quite unbelievable.

NO team has ever survived from the position we are in ! None!

Today was do or die for me and we ,as a premier League team just died.

One man ultimately to blame..

Randy Lerner where are you ? 

• Like 2

Just now, hoaxn said:

3 games x 3 points per win = 9 points

Settings aside those dodgy maths, you're right; 3 wins in a row is a ridiculous proposition.

But you are working on the assumption that Sunderland won't get any points in the next 3 games the other teams around there....which is highly unlikely....therefore 3 straight wins in reality still wouldn't see us safe. But pat yourself on the back for spotting a non-existent mathematical error on the internet anyway. 

• Like 1

I'm so disappointed. If we played poor at least I could have a moan and stay detached, but this was just heartbreaking. Undone by nervous and soft defending. There is a spine of a good team in there though, and a couple of players that can make things happen. The problem is that too many players are just poor and/or completely bereft of confidence, the few players with a bit of quality can't carry them.

It is really worrying when we lose games like these, in which we were very much the better side. When you're doing pretty much everything right and you lose because two individual players have the concentration level of a four year old on crack. This should have been the first step on the road to safety, and it would have been if it weren't for Clark and Hutton. 

Is it too late already? It isn't, there are so many points left to play for, but boy it'll be tough. Maybe impossible, when we can't even win when we're playing ok. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, supernova26 said:

But you are working on the assumption that Sunderland won't get any points in the next 3 games the other teams around there....which is highly unlikely....therefore 3 straight wins in reality still wouldn't see us safe. But pat yourself on the back for spotting a non-existent mathematical error on the internet anyway. 

Alright son calm down.