Midweek football 23/26 November

andykeenan

How does this work out 

1. higher number of points obtained in the group matches played among the teams in question;
  2. superior goal difference from the group matches played among the teams in question;
  3. higher number of goals scored in the group matches played among the teams in question;
  4. higher number of goals scored away from home in the group matches played among the teams in question;
  5. if, after having applied criteria 1 to 4, teams still have an equal ranking, criteria 1 to 4 are reapplied exclusively to the matches between the teams in question to determine their final rankings. If this procedure does not lead to a decision, criteria 6 to 12 apply;
  6. superior goal difference in all group matches;
  7. higher number of goals scored in all group matches;
  8. higher number of away goals scored in all group matches;
  9. higher number of wins in all group matches;
  10. higher number of away wins in all group matches;
  11. lower disciplinary points total based only on yellow and red cards received in all group matches (red card = 3 points, yellow card = 1 point, expulsion for two yellow cards in one match = 3 points);
  12. higher club coefficient.

19 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

You never know, a great defensive effort with Casillas saving everything in stuff you Mourinho mode and someoone like Brahimi could nick a goal on the counter attack.

So have you seen Iker play in the past two years?   He makes almost as many mistakes as Brad Guzan. 

Dunno, Casillas has always struck me as a bloke who doesn't like anybody who hasn't been at Real Madrid for at least 20 years.  A vendetta against Jose isn't going to magically make him good again.  

Still looking really poor for English teams...Juventus get a point in their last game and Man. City will finish 2nd so at risk of getting Barca or Munich again.

Arsenal have it all to do.

Man. United are in big trouble now. You have to think PSV will beat Moscow at home so in that situation they'd need to win in Wolfsburg, that's a tough ask.

Chelsea probably have the easiest task but that's not bulletproof either and they might not win their group either.

I think United fans are absolute shocking, team is 2nd in the league and still in Europe yet they complain as if they have some divine right to play like Barcelona or Real Madrid. lot of rose tinted glassed when it comes to Fergie style of football from a lot of people. If they want to see real pain they should watch Villa

also have to say Schneiderlein is really not good enough at this level either is Depay but he can probably grow into role

29 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Still looking really poor for English teams...Juventus get a point in their last game and Man. City will finish 2nd so at risk of getting Barca or Munich again.

Arsenal have it all to do.

Man. United are in big trouble now. You have to think PSV will beat Moscow at home so in that situation they'd need to win in Wolfsburg, that's a tough ask.

Chelsea probably have the easiest task but that's not bulletproof either and they might not win their group either.

I guess finishing 2nd to last years finalists is looking the best of the English lot but with the money spent I expect more from Man City. From what I saw Pogba ran the game. but I didn't see it all. United are so dull and I hope Wolfsburg knock them out, Arsenal face a similar situation they had at Monaco last year. They can do it but I wouldn't put any money on it.

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

I think United fans are absolute shocking, team is 2nd in the league and still in Europe yet they complain as if they have some divine right to play like Barcelona or Real Madrid. lot of rose tinted glassed when it comes to Fergie style of football from a lot of people. If they want to see real pain they should watch Villa

also have to say Schneiderlein is really not good enough at this level either is Depay but he can probably grow into role

If your team is spending hundreds of millions and fans are paying hundreds of £ to watch, you expect a little more than watching paint dry. LVG football is as boring as pulis. It is shocking. Sport is for entertainment. United fans have every right to complain about the awful football which is being shown to them. And whilst theyre watching this, their biggest rivals sign one of the most exciting managers in world football.

i think its a bit unfair to say whether Depay is good enough for this level or not when you got a manager which is limiting freedom as much possible for keep ball and 5000000 triangles in midfield with no intensity,

Edited by gharperr

They do seem to be learning from West Ham fans about this mythical "way" they are meant to play

LVG isn't there to develop a brand of football he's there to tick boxes, like zatman said 2nd in the league, challenging for the title, box ticked, how they got there is irrelevant in his head

As for the fans, **** em, can't stand Utd fans, I bet the majority of them will want pep next summer and his renowned exciting brand of football...

• Like 1

LVG being there to tick boxes doesnt mean the fans are "shocking" for moaning about how boring their football is when theyre paying money to watch. I actively go out of my way to not watch united play its that bad to watch which is shocking really given the position of the league theyre in. 

Â