Pre match thread

roonst83

We all know the situation is. It's down to the manager, players, and us the supporters to roll our sleeves up and go for it on Saturday. A defeat is not a option.  I still think given time we could have a half decent side from this squad. I want a unified Villa Park and 3 points come 5 o'clock on Saturday. That's not much to ask is it?!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

i am sorry but i am going for a 3-0 villa win, im sick of predicting defeats and they happen. Remi is going to keep his 100% home record in touch and turn our season around starting with this game!

What 100% record is that?

4 hours ago, PieFacE said:

7-1 Villa. It's about time we thrashed someone.

I love that optimism, but I fear you have more chance of snogging the pope...

Lol though... 7-1 would be epic!!

A must win game if ever there was one. If we can't beat Sunderland... and we can't beat Watford... who will we beat?

Scary times down at the Villa...

On 24/11/2015, 21:05:09, Butterfingers said:

We were not cruising against you-We couldn't get the ball out of our own half in the second half and managed to score a breakaway goal. Saturday is not do or die-You of all teams should know this, given your escape last season.

and its not like its the only time you have come back from two goals and won.

Richards - Okore - Clark - Hutton

-------------- Sanchez

Gil --- Bacuna -- Gana --Sinclair 

--------------- Ayew

I want to see this line-up but I doubt Richards will be shafted to RB. I think the partnership of Okore and Clark is far less error-prone than the Richards/Clark partnership. And I think the Bacuna's energy and pace to get in behind and support the lone striker is crucial for our attacking play and providing decent passing options for Gil, hence having 2 pacy attacking players with Richards and Bacuna around him in the RW would allow Gil to play better. The reason Gil struggled to make an impact in the Everton game was because his only passing options were to Veretout and Hutton, neither of whom pose much of an offensive threat. 

This will never happen though, I suspect we'll see the same team that Garde used against Man City with exception of Richardson for Amavi. 

This is my first game since MON left, I've not been to villa park since then for one reason or another. Let's hope it's a good omen

Have you been placed on suicide watch?

Why don't you work out how many home games we have played since MON left and then how many of those games we have won then multiply it by 6 and then subtract the first number you thought of then go down the pub and get pissed instead!

• Like 1

I am going to be abroad for this (woo get me, I am Howard Hodgson) with a time difference that puts this game at 10am local time. Last time this happened it was the Leicester game and being wasted and miserable before midday in a health loving north american country is not something I want to happen again (the miserable bit). Please win Villa. If we lose, I really do think it is curtains for us - not in an overly dramatic way, but in a we won't have enough time to get the points we need kind of way. I still believe we will improve as the season goes on whatever happens.