Pre match thread

roonst83

Merson said on Soccer Saturday earlier that Watford at home is the worst next fixture for Remi. He said we'll try and go all out to win the game and get picked off. Hard to disagree. 

Nothing but a win is needed to give us the slightest glimmer of hope. That said, Watford have more shape, belief and fight than we do so can only see a draw at very best and probably a loss.

Christ, I used to love football. Thanks Randy. 

Guzan; Bacuna Richards Okore Clark; Sánchez Veretout Gana; Gil Ayew Adama (4-3-3)

Yes, Adama is naturally a right winger, but I'd love to see him and Gil rotating behind Ayew; a nice mix of flair and speed. 

Clark at LB because, literally anything (other than probably Lescott) is better than Richardson at LB.

Bacuna in for extra service to the forwards

Edited by GreavesAV

This really is a must win game now. 5 points from 13 games has to become 8 from 14 because we are fast running out of winnable games. Watford are a team that we really should be able to beat at home even with our present squad and any other result will have the relegation trap door opening wide for us. A 1-0 win is all I ask!   

Can't deny it's a must-win. We play Arsenal and Southampton afterwards, can't see more than 1 point max out of those two. I won't pick Villa teams any more - whatever combination I write down looks like absolute shite, so I can't be bothered. I feel nothing but pity for Remi - imagine having to choose from these idiots for a job . . . 

I think

Guzan

Hutton Richards Clark Crespo

Gana Sanchez

Bacuna    Gil   Sinclair

Ayew

I hope that would have enough in it to get a performance.  The front four are the ones I'd think are most likely to create and score goals and should be fairly balanced.  Left back is a proper pain in the arse though.

• Like 4

18 hours ago, claretman said:

A must win game for Aston Villa and it's still November.

What have we become?

I honestly said that I felt our home game against Sunderland was a "must win" as I feared for us in our other games thereafter. It's amazing how one game can send us in a tail spin. Leicester away and the fashion in which we lost really sent us tumbling.