Ratings & Reactions: Everton v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Manager's Performance

2. 2. Refereeing Performance

Deulofeu wreaked havoc and Everton have the quality to take advantage.

We never look good on the ball when we are being pressed, and they pressed aggressively until they went 3-0 up.

I'm not sure we have the quality in the side to survive this.

Stopped watching at 2-0, as it was plain to see we were going to get nothing out of the game. You could say we played the wrong team, at the wrong time, but that'd be giving us too much credit. Not going to get on the manager's back after two games, but playing for 0-0 draws is never the way to go. It's always been obvious that changing the manager wouldn't solve our problems, so I hope this highlights the massive **** up of a job the people running the club are making. 

We set-up with an XI where the quickest player was Richards, our centre-half... How we thought we'd have any chance as an away side against a possession-based home side with that line up is beyond me.

Few questions: Where the f*** is Adama? Why has Grealish's form been so appalling? Remember Ilori? Why did we let Cissokho go on loan, knowing full well Richardson was our back up LB?

Anyways, next week we've just got to absolutely go for it. Would like a mix of pace and flair in the attack, not one or the other. Will be delighted if Adama gets his chance. Also, defensively we're so uncoordinated it's a joke. Think Garde needs to look at moving Richards to RB and giving Okore/Ilori a look-in at RCB. Oh, and Sánchez HAS to start over Westwood, every week. 

Edited by GreavesAV
  • Like 1

We had a poor excuse for a left back playing today, and Grealish felt that he was above getting back to help. Is it any surprise that their first 3 goals all came from moves down our left hand side? Sanchez should have started with that gameplan, he can be quite dominant if used correctly, hopefully Remi will learn from this. We need those 3 points next Saturday now, we really do.... Richardson can do one, N'Zogbia or Lescott for Leftback please... That's how desperate the situation is!

To reject the part of you that takes pride in being a villa fan is difficult. There is no substitute for that pride, or any substitute for drinking beer at 3pm on a weekend for any other reason. We WILL have our day, but it won't be soon. 

• Like 1

It feels like there are no players or tactics that will change anything.

We've cried out for Vertout, Gil and Grealish to play now they do we look even weaker.

The fact Westwood when fit went straight back in the side is baffling.

We didn't cross the ball once, why the hell do we have wide players when they don't cross?

We could hire the Pope and he wouldn't get a result from this squad.

Ayew is not an out and out striker?????? Grealish doesn't do anything anymore.

Can we honestly pin any hope on Traore, Ilori, Kozak or Crespo making any difference?

I wanted to see Gabby out there as at least defenders have to mark him, even if he does nothing.

what the hell has happened to this club???

Edited by VillanousOne

Massive week for coming up for us.

Today's performance is becoming the norm away from home. I don't particularly rate Everton other than Lukaku and Stones, but they brushed us aside with ease.

Our defence is just a shambles. We're just far to easy to score against.

Think it's a bit early to be saying Watford is a must win considering we're still in November, but we're running out of time

1 minute ago, benireduk said:

Massive week for coming up for us.

Today's performance is becoming the norm away from home. I don't particularly rate Everton other than Lukaku and Stones, but they brushed us aside with ease.

Our defence is just a shambles. We're just far to easy to score against.

Think it's a bit early to be saying Watford is a must win considering we're still in November, but we're running out of time

Watford looked quite decent against Manure, you can bet a million pounds that blue nose scumbag Deeney will score against us. The losing script is already written.

• Like 1